Bribie Island

Maverick93
Been here a while

Re: Bribie Island

Unread post by Maverick93 » December 30th, 2014, 7:07 am

There's always a queue to get off Bribie.
There's always some stooge who thinks he can be a hero and get past the bogged cars.
18 psi, Hi range and around 2000rpm and I've never had any issues getting off the beach regardless of track conditions, and I'll never tire of the "howd'ya do that"
As mentioned before it's all about patience, tyre pressure and also tyre height/size.

1992 4x4 Nissan Patrol GQ Wagon

Gus01
Here and there

Unread post by Gus01 » December 30th, 2014, 7:20 pm

^^
Yeah i agree. Last time i was there it was "really bad" and i managed to get up without flogging it towing a boat trailer once the track had cleared. Tyre pressure is the Key IMO.
93 NH Pajero v6.

adfromoz
Here and there

Unread post by adfromoz » March 2nd, 2015, 4:00 pm

Snapcatcher wrote:Sounds like every weekend in summer.

Ive seen that cutting as bad as it gets, and never been stuck there. People just don't know what they're doing.

I'm usually one of those people driving past the line up and carrying on with my trip home. Sometimes ill stop to drag people out if no one else is helping. The big line up occurs when fools get stuck, and then people just line up and wait instead of helping. I'm confident in my vehicle, experience and driving ability, to know I can drive past and not get stuck, and even stop in the powder to drag people out. I'm not lining up behind a bunch of vehicles because people don't know what they're doing, or shouldn't be there in the first place.

Funny. Usually the A'holes who queue jump seem to be driving 200 Series 'Cruisers............
From what I have seen anyway. :D

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TLC60S » March 2nd, 2015, 5:05 pm

Remember if your experienced at some stage you were once a novice so go easy on the beginners like homersimpson ( the original poster of this thread not the cartoon character ) You can tell he his a beginner as he is going to try 12 psi next time cause he was having trouble at 20 psi.

homersimpson if you are having trouble at 20 psi which is your starting set pressure drop by 2 psi only & & if still struggling keep dropping another 2 psi until your 4wd will float over the sand. Going down to 12psi from 20psi puts you at risk of rolling a tyre of the bead if your ideal pressure is 16psi.

As for so many people getting stuck & experienced people not helping , you have to remember the experienced people aren't the RACQ the same way you don't pull up on the Gateway Motorway to help every one who has broken down .
Of cause this rule changes when you are travelling in remote areas or areas you know don't have good phone services.

If you are a beginner & some is trying to give you help who has just breezed passed you with no trouble at all , that;s because he knows something that you don't so it could be worth you listening to someone with more experience.
Another thing for beginners if you want to go & do sand driving you should have fitted at lest 1 recovery point front & back & carry a snatch strap if you don't want to ring the RACQ for a recovery.

If you experienced people are getting annoyed with the beginners blocking the exit to this beach why don't you see the local council & make it a requirement of not just having a 4wd but also as a minimum to carry a snatch strap & to have a minimum of 1 recovery point front & back.

Cheers TLC60S

SparkieKev
Been here a while

Unread post by SparkieKev » March 13th, 2015, 4:51 am

Hahahahahahahaha. I don't get annoyed when people get stuck, I just pull out my deck chair! Tyre pressure and correct gear choice with good throttle control. Drove around a dude bogged on eastern side of Leisha track (DI) and I was in 2wd, it's a lifted v8. So I'm not sure what the ones on your said day trip were doing? It always amazes me what some people drive onto the beach and then ask 'what am I doing wrong?' while they try to work out how to get the outlander's guts off the sand
Supercharged 6.5L chev diesel GU wagon build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138695

gupaul
Been here a while

Unread post by gupaul » March 14th, 2015, 4:41 pm

Has anyone been up there lately? Have any of the lagoons opened up to the ocean yet?
99 Gu 2.8L, 2" Lift, 33" Summit Mudhogs, twin locked,85% reduction gears 2.5 " Straight through exhaust, DP Chip, 12,000p Tigerz11 Winch, Long range tank

Snapcatcher
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Snapcatcher » March 14th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Was there last weekend and yep they are all flowing through
2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8, Sahara bar, Runva winch, 2' lift on 33' KM2s

Written off - NM Pajero on 33's and some other good bits
Build thread - http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79366

gupaul
Been here a while

Unread post by gupaul » March 14th, 2015, 8:14 pm

Awesome, thanks mate!
99 Gu 2.8L, 2" Lift, 33" Summit Mudhogs, twin locked,85% reduction gears 2.5 " Straight through exhaust, DP Chip, 12,000p Tigerz11 Winch, Long range tank

Snapcatcher
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Snapcatcher » March 16th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Went again yesterday. Only the big one is flowing now
2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8, Sahara bar, Runva winch, 2' lift on 33' KM2s

Written off - NM Pajero on 33's and some other good bits
Build thread - http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79366

gupaul
Been here a while

Unread post by gupaul » March 17th, 2015, 6:57 pm

I was there sunday as well. Second lagoon is the one we like anyway so all good for us. Was bloody packed though! We'll be heading up there this Saturday as well

griffo1963
Here and there

Unread post by griffo1963 » March 28th, 2015, 9:02 am

hi guys we were up there on 20/3/2015 drove up to site nine with our slide on camper on the back no probs at all i have been there all the way in hi tide as well with the camper on and had no probs getting around but that was before the lagoons broke there banks check out our vid crossing the logoon and also a bit of footage up at inskip point cheer griffo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkv3348fdYw
get out when you can
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/stillworkin
allaboutpoolsafety@hotmail.com
pool safety inspector brisbane

Return to “Queensland”