The Creb and Bloomfield Tracks

riskymotos
I'm new, be nice!

Re: The Creb and Bloomfield Tracks

Unread post by riskymotos » February 26th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Moto Mech wrote:
quadsrock wrote:rod80 no trailers permitted on creb! dust demon the track is only open if there has been no rain for sometime during dry season, & no permit needed. during 2011 the creb was not open much so timeing is everything!
Who says no trailers?
Ive never heard of this or seen a sign that says so, we travelled the CREB track back in July last year with two vehicles towing camper trailers starting at Daintree. We made it no worries with a little rain falling mid way through which made it interesting. In fact we got held up a couple of times with other vehicles(no trailers) getting stuck and requiring winching out which we simply drove straight through.

Looking at the Cairns regional website it states not suitable for trailers

Cape Runner
Here and there

Unread post by Cape Runner » February 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm

We have taken our offroad camper threw there twice. As long as it hasnt been raining you should be sweet

Ron04
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ron04 » March 8th, 2012, 8:09 pm

For what its worth they (Cairns Regional Council) will tell you it's closed when it's open as well. The only dissapointment from our last trip.

We thought we'd do the right thing and ring, subsequently ran into some others at lions den who'd done the creb that day, no closed sign :mad:

turbocab
Been here a while

Unread post by turbocab » May 6th, 2012, 10:16 am

I saw a few campertrailors on the creb last year when I did it.aparently two days after I did the creb it was closed because of rain and a few cars got stuck and a few people had to be air lifted out.
Matt

steveandviv
Need to get out more

Unread post by steveandviv » May 6th, 2012, 4:39 pm

quadsrock wrote:rod80 no trailers permitted on creb! dust demon the track is only open if there has been no rain for sometime during dry season, & no permit needed. during 2011 the creb was not open much so timeing is everything!
it doesn't say that any where I have ever seen that you can't tow it just says not suitable, you are allowed to, and several do tow. Did last year the day after it was open after a breif shower. We did it come down rather than from the Daintree. I was glad to have a front locker simple so we could cruise up the steeper hills, and plenty of right foot towing. As I said there were quite a few muddy spots where the camper was trying to get past us. It took us 8.5 hours to do the 80K including lunch at roaring Meg falls
NM Paj - 2.5 Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Front ARB Locker

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » May 6th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Its a no brainer for trailers, but there are sections where if some one is coming the other way you will have problems passing, so I would say open for experienced Trailer users with caution.....IMHO

pie
Getting to know the place

Unread post by pie » July 6th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Hi all, We are situated in NQ and some mates of ours towed their caravans through the Creb Track no worries. There was 3 different vans and the weather is perfect at the moment hasn't been any rain. This was about three weeks ago. They were all experienced drivers and towers, this was towards the end of thier 3 month road trip.They rated it a good track but to be taken with extreme care. Cheers Pie

kevinmealing60
Been here a while

Unread post by kevinmealing60 » January 10th, 2013, 3:39 pm

lived in cairns all my life (till now), ppffffffft who books camping spots, plenty of beach and scrub. eg. plantation river mouth on the beach in ayton (bloomfield) good fishing and crabing. and as for the creb track me nd my mate did it at the start of november 2012 towing a tinny with the motor on it on a basic trailer, as peviously stated trailers and vans not sutable they dont say banned
85 60series 315/75r16 MT mtz on 16x10 sunnys
12h-t, front mount intercooled, 16 PSI boost, 93rwkw
beaudesert 3" mandrel bent, 3"suspension custom leaf packs,
superior extended shackles, air on board system.

muddy dan
Here and there

Unread post by muddy dan » April 20th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Hi All
Is it possible to go north up the Creb and South down the Bloomfeild from Mossman in a day?

Cheers Dan

muddy dan
Here and there

Unread post by muddy dan » April 22nd, 2013, 5:52 am

Anybody?
The plan is to leave the campers set up at Mossman do a day trip up and back then pick them up an continue up the Bloomfeild onto the tip?

It lools to be about 200ks it will be a huge day but i think its the only way we will get to drive the Creb. Any ideas??

Cheers Dan

Todders61
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Todders61 » April 22nd, 2013, 4:13 pm

Hi muddy dan,
You should be able to do the round trip in a day, so long as there hasn't been a lot of rain. It all depends on the timing of your trip.
Steve
On the road full time shortly.

muddy dan
Here and there

Unread post by muddy dan » April 22nd, 2013, 6:36 pm

Thanks Steve
Yep fully understand it will be weather dependent but just want to be sure im not bitting off too much.

Its my first go at planning a big trip for a group (been apart of a couple)

cheers Dan

Todders61
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Todders61 » April 22nd, 2013, 6:41 pm

No worries Dan, but why don't you take the campers up to the Lions Den, stay the night, then head back along the Creb or visa versa if the weather is good. I take a camper everywhere, just a bit slower sometimes.
Cheers
Steve

muddy dan
Here and there

Unread post by muddy dan » April 22nd, 2013, 6:58 pm

Yep that is an option it will depend on what time we get to Mossman after the 2000 od ks from here.

The campers are following us right to the tip via the old tele so towings not a prob i just dont want to be the one stuck on a big clay hill winching for an hour when there is no need. If its been dry for long enough we will tow up the creb.

Todders61
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Todders61 » April 22nd, 2013, 7:23 pm

when are you heading up? We leave Lions Den on the 20th May.

Return to “Queensland”