The Creb and Bloomfield Tracks

Mike'n'Mel 4x4
I'm new, be nice!

The Creb and Bloomfield Tracks

Unread post by Mike'n'Mel 4x4 » November 22nd, 2011, 8:04 pm

Hello to all.

I thought id write a quick trip report on the Creb and Bloomfield Tracks. We have done both in 2011. The Bloomfield Track has turned out to be a quite simple but enjoyable track. It does have a few steep parts and water crossings.Even though it is very well maintained i recommend that a 4wd is still used as there is alot of water crossings which can rise at the drop of a hat.. The Bloomfield crossing bridge has now been fixed and a brand new bridge has been built and completed. The trip was a good one.
We also did the Creb Track 4 weeks later. As much as everyone keeps trying to tell you , the Creb Track is open and you can travel on it in the dry season. It is now a council owned road but you still need to be mindfull of the weather and the road conditions. It is not a difficult track but as we found out a little bit of water can make this track very slippery. Overall we had a great time and met alot of people doing the Creb when we were. Even though it is not a hard out track we still advise to take all the recovery gear just to be on the safe side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod80
Here and there

Re: The Creb and Bloomfield Tracks

Unread post by Rod80 » November 22nd, 2011, 9:23 pm

Nice photo's mate. How did the lux go? I'm thinking of getting up that part of the country next year. Did ya see anyone with a camper trailer on the creb?

tommy222220_0
Been here a while

Unread post by tommy222220_0 » November 26th, 2011, 8:26 am

Nice Pics Mike and Mel, What time of the year did you do those tracks?

I wwent up the Bloomfield and back down the Creb on my way to the cape.

Rod80 wrote:Nice photo's mate. How did the lux go? I'm thinking of getting up that part of the country next year. Did ya see anyone with a camper trailer on the creb?
You would make it, only if it was bone dry.
'05 D22 Navara STR
Shed: http://www.4wdaction.com.au/gallery/44852-toms-nav

Laidley 62 Series
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Laidley 62 Series » January 6th, 2012, 10:19 am

Hi Mike n Mel,

Welcome to the forum, nice to see the Leylands back together again, lmao

Great report and photos.

Happy Trails.

David.
1985 F J 62, barn doors, poverty pack.

My Karma ran over my Dogma.

God created the 60 Series, man made the rest.

60 Series trip to Cape York 2013.

dust demon
Getting to know the place

Unread post by dust demon » January 9th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Hi Mike n Mel,
Since the Creb Track is now open and in the hands of the council, do you still need to apply for a permit to travel or has this now been stopped?

Regards
Darryl

quadsrock
Been here a while

Unread post by quadsrock » January 18th, 2012, 8:00 pm

rod80 no trailers permitted on creb! dust demon the track is only open if there has been no rain for sometime during dry season, & no permit needed. during 2011 the creb was not open much so timeing is everything!

Rod80
Here and there

Unread post by Rod80 » January 18th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Thanks quadsrock..I didn't realise that trailers weren't permited on the creb. Looks like we'll be heading up the bloomfield track then.
Cheers Rod..

kinghit
Been here a while

Unread post by kinghit » January 18th, 2012, 8:52 pm

I am going up Daintree through to cooky and maybe Lake field in august and september and i am after info on camping.I have been reading a bit and it seems that you may need to pre book a camping spot .Does this mean that you just cant randomly turn up and camp ,because lets face it its not possible to know where you might be at a given time especially when coming up from NSW .Is there places where you can camp around Daintree Cape trib or along Bloomfield area without making a booking or if you have to book how much notice do you need to give them.
Thanks Steve.

Yappa
Avid Poster

Unread post by Yappa » January 29th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Outta curiosity, how long did the creb tack to do??
We are looking at heading up to cape trib or the lions den along bloomfield & then leaving the camper & maybe doing the creb as a day trip??
Does this sound feasable?

krystofa
Here and there

Unread post by krystofa » February 17th, 2012, 8:12 am

Yappa, the Creb alone is an easy day tripper.. 4 hrs at a casual pace with lunch stop one way would be realistic. Add a bit longer if u visit roaring meg falls (worth it).

krystofa
Here and there

Unread post by krystofa » February 17th, 2012, 8:58 am

Steve, I have never booked a camp spot in my life in Fnq. Maybe if you wanted a cabin or something sure but for general camping no stress mate you will be fine. Ha ha.

kinghit
Been here a while

Unread post by kinghit » February 19th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Thanks for that info Krystofa.Have booked a sight at Noahs beach for a couple of nights then will stay at the Lions den.
Thanks Steve.

Ron04
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ron04 » February 20th, 2012, 7:20 pm

My understanding is from Feb 2012 all National Parks camping at the cape has to be pre booked on line, no more self register. The reasoning, apparently, is it has become so popular people were turning up finding the camp area full and having to move on, sometimes late at night which can be iffy. Pre booking is supposed to stop the dissapointment, except of course if you didn't know you had to do it, also means some pretty specific plan making which can be a bit boring, when we did it last year we ended up staying an extra day here and there because we'd found a good spot, if you're booked in advance then you're committed to turn up on time.

Moto Mech
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Moto Mech » February 20th, 2012, 9:29 pm

quadsrock wrote:rod80 no trailers permitted on creb! dust demon the track is only open if there has been no rain for sometime during dry season, & no permit needed. during 2011 the creb was not open much so timeing is everything!
Who says no trailers?
Ive never heard of this or seen a sign that says so, we travelled the CREB track back in July last year with two vehicles towing camper trailers starting at Daintree. We made it no worries with a little rain falling mid way through which made it interesting. In fact we got held up a couple of times with other vehicles(no trailers) getting stuck and requiring winching out which we simply drove straight through.
FZJ105 GXL Cruiser Lifted,33 MTR's,ARB Bar,Rear wheel carrier, Draws, Front & Rear Locker, Lots more ARB goodies
FZJ80 GXL Cruiser OME Lifted, Safari Snorkel, Kaymar Rear Bar
FJ40 1976 Rear Locker, Spotties

kinghit
Been here a while

Unread post by kinghit » February 21st, 2012, 3:32 pm

Ron04 wrote:My understanding is from Feb 2012 all National Parks camping at the cape has to be pre booked on line, no more self register. The reasoning, apparently, is it has become so popular people were turning up finding the camp area full and having to move on, sometimes late at night which can be iffy. Pre booking is supposed to stop the dissapointment, except of course if you didn't know you had to do it, also means some pretty specific plan making which can be a bit boring, when we did it last year we ended up staying an extra day here and there because we'd found a good spot, if you're booked in advance then you're committed to turn up on time.
Hi Ron04.Thats the info we got when we looked at queensland national parks.It said you need to pre book thats why we pre booked Noahs beach.Bit of a pain in the bum ,but i can see why like you said over booking and camps been full etc at least this way you know where you stand.Does make it hard when your travelling around and not just been able to randomly pull in and camp though.

Steve.

Return to “Queensland”