A4WD Action Oxley Wild Rivers Challenge - where's the hut?

Bruce 2000
I'm new, be nice!

A4WD Action Oxley Wild Rivers Challenge - where's the hut?

Unread post by Bruce 2000 » March 21st, 2014, 5:59 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,
Just watched one of Roothy's older DVD's.
I know a little of the Doyles River State Forrest and Cell River Conservation Area. Could some-one please tell me the location of the "Hilton Tin Hut" featured in the above DVD. Is it off Corn Cob Fire Trail? Its not on my Hema Maps or Garmin Topo's. Does it go by another name?

An X on a mud may will suffice, or Co-ordinates in any format.

Many Thanks Bruce

storko
Been here a while

Re: Aust 4WD Action (Oxley Wild Rivers Challenge)

Unread post by storko » April 21st, 2014, 8:13 am

G'Day Brue
I do a lot of dirt bike riding over there and go past the hut from time to time I know it's not hard to find but I can't tell you which trail it's( I don't take much notice of road names when belting through the bush) on because the boys did a ride from Nundle to Gingers Creek the other weekend and I gave them my maps and they have not given them back yet. I'll get them and let you know. We call it dicks hut, don't now why, just the other boys have called it ever since I've been riding with them.
Cheers Greg
Toyota 80 1HDT 92

fatnuts
I'm new, be nice!

Re: A4WD Action Oxley Wild Rivers Challenge - where's the hu

Unread post by fatnuts » June 9th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Hi Bruce if it's the hut in the cells your talking about you'll find it on grassy ridge fire trail or cells jeep trail depending on which way you come in. https://www.google.com/maps/@-31.454049 ... a=!3m1!1e3 you can just see it in the bare area in the linked map

Cheers
Tezza

Return to “New South Wales”