Looking for a water front camping ground not to far from syd

jacobdoddson
I'm new, be nice!

Looking for a water front camping ground not to far from syd

Unread post by jacobdoddson » December 16th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Hi Guy's and Gilr's
Im having Two weeks off at the end of this week and was looking for some places I could go that is relaxing camping by the water per say I have a 4x4 but im not in to having to climb up rocks just to get there

Im after some where I can take my misses and just have a nice camp fire by the river please help

Lusitano
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Looking for a water front camping ground not to far from

Unread post by Lusitano » December 16th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Try Upper Colo River reserve. Just north of Richmond but gets quite busy and holds about 150 campers but they have really good facilities. The camp ground is run by Hawkesbury Council so go to their website for a booking form.

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Re: Looking for a water front camping ground not to far from

Unread post by TLC60S » December 16th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Just out of Lithgow is Lake Lyell has facilities & fees & gates that close at night
Cattai National Park same & is only 15km from Windsor on the Wisemans Ferry Road.
Bents Basin out near Wallacia which is sign posted off The Northern Road . Has facilities.
Wheeney Creek has some small sites beside the creek with toilets, this is on the road if you go straight ahead at the turn off for the Upper Colo River Reserve if coming from The Putty Road or from Comleroy Road off The bells Line Of Road.
For a two week stay I would prefer to camp at Bendeela camping area on the Kangaroo River with great canoeing & close to Morton nation park with toilets water & security on weekends but better than that I would be going to Chicester State Forest & camp at either Telegherry or across the river at the end of that camping area at Currawong camping area or in the other section of the state forest at Dobbie Rim which is where we are going when I have a four day break over Christmas.
Cheers TLC60S

Return to “New South Wales”