Here we go again...yeeeewwwww !! Mountain trip 29/1/12

Dan78
Here and there

Re: Here we go again...yeeeewwwww !! Mountain trip 29/1/12

Unread post by Dan78 » March 16th, 2012, 5:35 am

Hey Harb,

pm sent to you.

Your GoPro mounted on your snorkel. I love the mounting idea. Does it work well up there? The cord running out of it, is that for the power, or for the data? If for the data, do you run it to an external hard disk drive connected to an inverter?

I'm new to the whole GoPro thing, but I really want to start recording some of what I do. Just want to get the best place for camera to be mounted.

Thanks

Dan

vtssdude
Here and there

Unread post by vtssdude » March 16th, 2012, 8:04 am

Wow, that looks like fun .Thanks for sharing.

paz
Been here a while

Unread post by paz » March 16th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Most excellent track that one, did it with some mates a few months back!

Paz

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » March 16th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Dan78

Hi mate....got your message.

It worked out a bit scrubby up there for it.....most tracks would be good, but this one was just a bit over grown.
I had 4 on that day, but most got limited footage due to the thick scrub...... the best place is either inside the car looking through the windscreen WITH a polarizing filter attached to null out the window reflections , or on the outside near the centre mirror mount...... or if you are in clean going....anywhere you like !! get those angles :)

The cable is just a USB cable so I can run 32 gig cards ( 4 hours of record time ) continuously without power issues......the USB cable plugs into one of the Cig lighter USB chargers.

Dan78
Here and there

Unread post by Dan78 » March 17th, 2012, 5:20 am

Cheers. I have a 32 gig card, and I never thought of plugging it into the cig lighter chargers. Should have though, it seems very simple now that you think about it.

Dan78
Here and there

Unread post by Dan78 » March 17th, 2012, 5:26 am

Had a quick look on the gopro web site, couldn't see any polarizing filters on there.

Bushie
Been here a while

Unread post by Bushie » April 14th, 2012, 4:56 pm

yobbo112 wrote: I'll say it the 4wd action dvd will be the death of that place!!! :irked:
USed to be a secret as such, where you only told people that you trusted not to destroy the place.......
Wouldn't be the first time :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Drovers Ridge track down Yalwal way was decimated after Overlander ran a story on it in the 80s, Eventually all got locked away though when they declared the Ettrema wilderness :irked: :irked: :irked: :irked:

But a few from Mt Airlie a few years ago

Bushie

yobbo112
Been here a while

Unread post by yobbo112 » April 16th, 2012, 12:15 pm

Don't get me started on old yalwal :irked: To young to have been able to explore that place :(
But yeh i've heard through the grapevine old col is VERY pissed off with the amount of idiots that have been driving the track in the rain!!!!
Just remember even though national parks controls the land and the mine has interest in using the track (to acces mine monitoring points) all col has to do is shut his front gate and we are stuffed!!! :(
There is no doubt that national parks will be closing this track to general public at some stage, i mean why shouldn't they the place that was once pristine bush is getting trashed!!! :irked:
Even the bloody gate gate the top has been ripped out wether or not you agreed with that gate being there atleast they left the rest of the track open for us..........
Thanks for bloody nothing 4wd action :irked:
Don't Lock Up Australia!!!!!!

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » April 16th, 2012, 5:59 pm

this stuff has been going on as long as I have been going up there which is over 25 years....so its hardly 4wda fault.....
its the idiots that cause the damage's fault.
These places are not exclusive to the few of us that know about them...they are open for everyone.
These idiots that cause the problem are rarely alone, so if its one of your "mates"......put the clowns in...they deserve it.

Just please get over the blaming 4wda thing...... we ask for good DVD's and Mag stories, and they can hardly do that siting in Silverwater....... its up to us the users to respect these places

oncedisturbed
Part of the furniture

Unread post by oncedisturbed » April 17th, 2012, 5:03 am

that looks like a great spot for a wheel and throwing up a tent, great pics again

navchick
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by navchick » August 8th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Does anyone know if any of these tracks are still open to 4wders. We have a Blue Mountains trip on the cards but dont know if any of the decent tracks are still accessible?? Have spoken to many different departments but none of them seem to have a clue.

Return to “New South Wales”