Barrington Tops border

dieselsmells
Here and there

Barrington Tops border

Unread post by dieselsmells » June 2nd, 2011, 6:37 am

I have a question, where is the limit of the Barrington Tops National Park? Is it the Gloucester-Scone Road as it used to be or has it moved.Just curious as I am planning a trip up there and wanted to know where the to cut some camp fire wood with the chainsaw ect?
cheers Peter.

Wozza244
Been here a while

Re: Barrington Tops border

Unread post by Wozza244 » June 28th, 2011, 9:15 pm

Im told you can cut timber in the state forest, but you cant in the national park. There are scattered pieces of each throughout the tops.

Humvee
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Humvee » July 21st, 2011, 11:14 pm

Wozza244 wrote:Im told you can cut timber in the state forest, but you cant in the national park. There are scattered pieces of each throughout the tops.
It's also fairly dense in the SF you'd have to cut down a tree to get anything decent, we went up there shooting under the R licence so just be aware that people may be scouting around with guns if you head in there.

CUSoon
Here and there

Unread post by CUSoon » July 22nd, 2011, 6:22 am

Last time we were up there (few months back), we found an area where they had been logging, and there was more than enough timber to cut in the heaps that they had pushed up.

My map has a small section of National Park marked between Polblue and Quarry Forest Road on the southern side of Barrington Tops Forest Road (Scone - Gloucester), and then a much larger National Park area further to the south. All the area to the north of Barrington Tops Forest Road is marked as State Forest. The paper map I have in front of me is quite old, so perhaps pick up a current map of the area, or most good GPS's will have the areas marked.

Either way, I don't think you'll go cold due to lack of timber. :)

CUSoon
Here and there

Unread post by CUSoon » July 22nd, 2011, 6:47 am

Bit of an update on the information above. I just checked out some of my Garmin mapping and it looks like the National Park area has grown, but is still mainly on the southern side of the Tops Road.

Here is a rough snip from my map. Click on the pic will bring it up to a better size. Not much detail on the map, but it will give you some idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “New South Wales”