Pebbly Beach- Yuraygir NP

Huggy-GV
Here and there

Re: Pebbly Beach- Yuraygir NP

Unread post by Huggy-GV » January 29th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Just came back from pebbly beach on Friday , was easy drive across . I was driving a prado towing a fully loaded Jayco swan outback , tyres were down to 22 psi . Rob the ranger there is a very nice bloke and I have his number if you wish to call him before hand to see what the beach is like .

Huggy-GV
Here and there

Unread post by Huggy-GV » February 15th, 2013, 10:12 pm

I met some bogan Nissan driver and his family while we were there from up north qld, just hoping they made it home in the floods. ( if they were Toyota drivers I wouldn't care as I know they would have made it home ) . Meet some nice and not so nice ( Nissan drivers. ) at pebbly . Will be planning to go there again soon

jarrad81
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by jarrad81 » February 25th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Sorry, this is a little of topic. Has anyone done any of the tracks off Candole Rd which runs north off Wooli Rd? I know there's been plenty of rain around lately. We're going camping nearby in about 3 weeks and want to have a cruise around up there.
Cheers.

LordMayhem
Part of the furniture

Unread post by LordMayhem » February 25th, 2013, 9:19 pm

me and a few mates are going in there for an explore this weekend mate. have driven candole forest road through to sandon bluffs before found some fun bog holes and ruts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scczF79Jcrs
89 GQ Patrol, 35 inch Mud Trek's, dual batteries with 3 inch lift, front CIG locked, Barred up with a Mark 111 Grande 12000lb winch.

rwnslux
Been here a while

Unread post by rwnslux » February 26th, 2013, 7:33 am

whats the difficulty of Yuraygir NP? we are doing it at easter from north to south down the middle.

can someone like LordMayhem tell me where i can find some good tracks, look outs etc etc.

we are not interested in mud or bogholes. would like some nice hillclimbs or tracks with articulation.

also looking at going to Bundjalung NP, is that worth the effort?

LordMayhem
Part of the furniture

Unread post by LordMayhem » February 26th, 2013, 7:45 am

mate grab issue 194 it has a good write up of some fun tracks around coffs most the stuff i have done in yura NP is pretty easy plenty of mud around at the moment but yeah it you want hill climbs and articulation hit up the tracks around coffs mate
89 GQ Patrol, 35 inch Mud Trek's, dual batteries with 3 inch lift, front CIG locked, Barred up with a Mark 111 Grande 12000lb winch.

rwnslux
Been here a while

Unread post by rwnslux » February 26th, 2013, 10:04 am

was reading it last night. i assume your talking about Orara east and west. bit far to travel though for the time im coming down. would need atleast 5 days to explore. and i got no idea where im going
Last edited by rwnslux on February 26th, 2013, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordMayhem
Part of the furniture

Unread post by LordMayhem » February 26th, 2013, 10:05 am

mate i haven't done alot in yuraygir but i am sure you could find some fun in there

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » February 26th, 2013, 10:39 am

RWN, Orara is beautiful. I'll be heading out there a fair bit when we're down there. I can't wait for our holiday now...And lunch at the Golden Dog
So many weekends, so many tracks...so little fuel!

The Black Mistress - 1974 Bitsa Landruiser fj45 ute: Holden 253 V8, Toyota 60s axles front and back, Mazda seats, Mistubishi seat belts, Ford thermo fans (almost installed). more to come...

rwnslux
Been here a while

Unread post by rwnslux » February 26th, 2013, 11:06 am

You heading down there at easter? im keen on Yaraygir but could be convinced to go to Orara. if i knew where i was going :truck:

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » February 26th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Mate, I haven't been out in that bush since I was a teenager. And I wasn't exactly paying attention to where we were back then.
But my plan is to just have fun, explore, try find some of the old swimming holes. Then get sick of it, drive 15 minutes in the other direction and spend the arvo on the beach, with a beer in one hand and a fishing rod in the other.

The Black Mistress - 1974 Bitsa Landruiser fj45 ute: Holden 253 V8, Toyota 60s axles front and back, Mazda seats, Mistubishi seat belts, Ford thermo fans (almost installed). more to come...

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » February 27th, 2013, 9:29 am

Had a quick look at the piccies in issue 194 (where they talk about Coffs/Orara). Didn't read the details as I was waiting for a train, but it looked like Friday's Creek/Dairyville area. I saw a caption on Dingo Creek. We used to make it (only just) in a corolla. Got stuck near the bridge most times

Rod80
Here and there

Unread post by Rod80 » June 20th, 2013, 4:54 pm

G'day..
I realise I'm asking questions in a trip report thread.. I'm very sorry, but I'm planning a trip to pebbly in August for four days.. And my question is, has anyone been along the Coast Range road in yuraygir nat park recently?The Coast range road is a right turn off Wooli road and heads south that's if your coming from the north..
What are the track conditions like?
Is it suitable for camper trailers?
Cheers in advance for any replies..

LordMayhem
Part of the furniture

Unread post by LordMayhem » June 20th, 2013, 6:42 pm

did it a couple months ago. wasn't to bad bit rocky here and there. can't see why you wouldn't get a 4x4 camper trailer in there

Rod80
Here and there

Unread post by Rod80 » June 20th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Cheers for that..
The camper trailers that are going are well built off road trailers...
Hey LordMayem roughly how long did it take you to do the full length of the track? That's if you did the full length..
Cheers..

Return to “New South Wales”