Pebbly Beach- Yuraygir NP

Gilly

Pebbly Beach- Yuraygir NP

Unread post by Gilly » November 18th, 2010, 12:30 pm

We recently got married and decided that the week after we would go camping for a few days. After looking around a bit we decided that we would go to Pebbly beach campground for 3 nights.

All i have to say about the area is, perfect. We liked it so much that we are looking to move up that way once we finish renovating our house.

The weather was perfect and we only got one night of rain but none ended up in the tent.

I like these types of signs

We passed this on 2 separate days, this one was taken at the crossing :confused:

Perfection!!!

Perfection x2!!!

We found this guy hanging out under the picnic table at Station creek

Nothing better than a burnt marshmallow

Last edited by Gilly on December 22nd, 2010, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Gilly

V6 Hilux Tourer

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re: Pebbly Beach

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » November 18th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Looks like a lot of fun. How big was that snake?

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

MJtroopy
Been here a while

Unread post by MJtroopy » November 18th, 2010, 7:23 pm

Looks like a great time mate. Thinking of heading up there at the end of the year. Whats that crossing like a low tide? Dont have a snorkel, does it come over the bonnet? Cheers

Gilly

Unread post by Gilly » November 18th, 2010, 8:50 pm

Aaron Schubert wrote:Looks like a lot of fun. How big was that snake?

Aaron
A good 6', kinda hard to tell cause he was curled up under the table
MJtroopy wrote:Looks like a great time mate. Thinking of heading up there at the end of the year. Whats that crossing like a low tide? Dont have a snorkel, does it come over the bonnet? Cheers
The water crossing was easy, it was around 400mm deep at low tide, we left around 2hrs before low and it was knee deep.
Cheers
Gilly

V6 Hilux Tourer

Curtly
Avid Poster

Unread post by Curtly » November 19th, 2010, 12:38 pm

Bloody nice isn't it Gilly, I camp there every year at xmas. It's not hard to see why Corindi and Woolgoolgaoffroad enjoy camping there.

I was there in August this year, as I was coming along Station Creek Beach I came across a sea lion :thumb: I was stoked. If you sit on the southern headland you can see whales, and turtles feed on the bombie.

Last xmas a local from Coffs who camps there religously found on of those pythons in his bust shower, scared the pants off his missus......lol.

Last xmas my dad brought down his Subaru Liberty, the dill got stuck right at the top of the sand dunes as you enter the beach, nothing the snatch couldn't fix :crazy:

Yep it's beautiful there. No xmas camping there for us this year though, saving for camper trailer but next year with the camper we'll spend a couple of weeks there....awesome.

Curt.

Curtly
Avid Poster

Unread post by Curtly » November 19th, 2010, 12:42 pm

MJtroopy wrote:Looks like a great time mate. Thinking of heading up there at the end of the year. Whats that crossing like a low tide? Dont have a snorkel, does it come over the bonnet? Cheers
MJtroopy there are 60 sites and they pack out quickly during summer, a snorkel isn't nessesary for the creek crossing. Though many have tried to cross at a higher tide and have found themselves floating down the creek, I've seen the pics.

Curt.

Gilly

Unread post by Gilly » November 19th, 2010, 2:25 pm

When we were there, there was only 2 other groups camping and we couldn't see them from our camp area. I really like the way it's setup.
Cheers
Gilly

V6 Hilux Tourer

patrol17
Part of the furniture

Unread post by patrol17 » November 20th, 2010, 10:48 am

Some nice pics there mate great spot that one :thumb:

Corindi

Unread post by Corindi » November 20th, 2010, 11:17 am

Glad you enjoyed it and the weather was good to you Mr Gilly. We didn't come out because it was just after your wedding and ... well... you know what I mean? didn't want to interrupt anything. You camped at the windy site! we usually camp at the southern most site or jayco corner which is just before dry gully. We are going out there again around the 27th of December.
www.BillabongFurniture.com.au

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » November 20th, 2010, 11:20 am

great pics Gilly. congrats on "tying the knot" too, what a great way to have a honeymoon.

Gilly

Unread post by Gilly » November 20th, 2010, 11:41 am

Corindi wrote:Glad you enjoyed it and the weather was good to you Mr Gilly. We didn't come out because it was just after your wedding and ... well... you know what I mean? didn't want to interrupt anything. You camped at the windy site! we usually camp at the southern most site or jayco corner which is just before dry gully. We are going out there again around the 27th of December.
Cheers Dave, We did see your misses out at the patrol and we were going to drop in and meet you but we ran out of time on the way home.

There was someone setup with there stuff everywhere down that end but we never seen anyone there.
scarecrow2 wrote:great pics Gilly. congrats on "tying the knot" too, what a great way to have a honeymoon.
Thanks mate,

It was our pre honeymoon, honeymoon lol. Our proper honeymoon will be to NZ in febuary.
Cheers
Gilly

V6 Hilux Tourer

80crazy
Avid Poster

Unread post by 80crazy » November 23rd, 2010, 1:43 pm

That place looks awesome wouldnt mind heading up that way soon to try out my new oz tent. How packed is it over the christmas new years period????

Cheers Gary

Corindi

Unread post by Corindi » November 23rd, 2010, 2:21 pm

Gary, Over the last couple of years the "park full" signs have not been required. If you are leaving from Penrith send me a pm with your phone number and I will txt the contract ranger who is a mate off mine to get an idea if it is going to fill up.

It is a fantastic place to spend new years, see you there maybe.
www.BillabongFurniture.com.au

Gilly

Unread post by Gilly » November 23rd, 2010, 2:37 pm

I would love to spend new years there but I the joy of working new years eve
Cheers
Gilly

V6 Hilux Tourer

GRUNTIN 60
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by GRUNTIN 60 » November 27th, 2010, 7:35 pm

I take it it's not the one on the south coast that i'm thinking of then.

Return to “New South Wales”