Memory Lane: Interior Motives (Part 1)

monaro327
Here and there

Memory Lane: Interior Motives (Part 1)

Unread post by monaro327 » November 11th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Hi guys, Started a recount of our Trip to the Simpson desert.

Once upon a time, we packed the LandCruiser for a three week expedition to the Interior. A lasso rather than a lap. Our Expedition would take us into the ancient and stunning country of Central Australia.

Since our outback baptism, we had learned a few things. About ourselves, and how we travel. A few changes were made to the LandCruiser and we packed leaner, meaner.

Trading the washing bucket, apple cider, roof bag, mattress, cast iron and other things, for jerry cans and a satellite phone.

Reading as much as I could from guides, blogs and travel forums, we conservatively aimed to carry 200Litres of fuel and 40 odd litres of water. 166L onboard and two empty cans, to fill when the stretch warranted. Squeezed behind our seats, their weight centralised. We carried garbage bags to contain the fumes, which worked perfectly.

https://rlhydnoverland.com/memory-lane- ... rs-ranges/

cbd
Here and there

Re: Memory Lane: Interior Motives (Part 1)

Unread post by cbd » November 11th, 2018, 8:27 pm

G'day
As always I love your journeys....
You're a great writer. And your pics tell a thousand stories... especially after your words.
Thanks again.

monaro327
Here and there

Unread post by monaro327 » November 11th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Wow thanks, you are too kind. The pictures from this series will be a little weak as a lot were taken on mobile phones. Thanks again though, stoked someone enjoys these stories.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » November 12th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Thanks for those (found I & III, but II eluded me). I've wanted to explore that country since I read about Bourke and Wills at primary school, but haven't managed it yet.

Got as far as Tibooburra and Pack Saddle on 2 separate occasions, but both times it rained and we had to beat a hasty retreat to the black top.

monaro327
Here and there

Unread post by monaro327 » November 13th, 2018, 6:03 pm

hoyks wrote:
November 12th, 2018, 6:33 pm
Thanks for those (found I & III, but II eluded me). I've wanted to explore that country since I read about Bourke and Wills at primary school, but haven't managed it yet.

Got as far as Tibooburra and Pack Saddle on 2 separate occasions, but both times it rained and we had to beat a hasty retreat to the black top.
Hi mate, only part 1 of this particular trip is out thus far, I think you might have ended up reading part 3 of another series. Hope you enjoyed it all the same.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » November 13th, 2018, 7:21 pm

So it would appear, The dates should have been a bit of a giveaway :redface: .

monaro327
Here and there

Unread post by monaro327 » November 13th, 2018, 7:41 pm

NP, you probably read the preivous memory lane series finding the dig tree?

Return to “Epic Adventures/Multi-State”