Stuck in the middle.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Stuck in the middle.

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 26th, 2018, 11:21 am

Isn't amazing how the Outback imposes its own stamp on even the best laid of plans & preparations!! :urgh:

Wonderfully told, and the pics are pretty good too! :D

At least you were mobile enough to enjoy some of your enforced 'change in plans', but after baiting us with the beginning of your story (or was the the middle you were stuck in?) but now we need the rest of it! :frog: Please?
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

monaro327
Here and there

Unread post by monaro327 » July 27th, 2018, 5:58 am

The other parts are actually already there, this forum only allowed me to post 10 links and you can't reply to your own post.

https://rlhydnoverland.com/stuck-in-the ... u-part-xi/
https://rlhydnoverland.com/stuck-in-the ... -part-xii/
https://rlhydnoverland.com/stuck-in-the ... part-xiii/

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 27th, 2018, 11:29 am

Glad you got them up, anyway!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip despite the trials & tribulations.... hopefully it'll be better next time, cos you've sorted out all these problems this time! :thumb:

The limit to a string of 10 links is platform related, so we're stuck with that, but I'm not sure I understand your problem with that 'no 2nd post' or 'not able to reply to your own posts' thing? Do you have the Quick Reply option showing under the last post displayed in the thread? That should come up regardless of the last post being your own last post?! Then just below that AND at the top of each thread, there should be the Post Reply option, usually a sorta Orange box rather than the Red of most other 'action' options. So you should be able to use one or any of those options to post a string of any number of your own posts.... unless there's something else going on, in which case, please drop me a PM giving me the details & I'll see if we can get it fixed?!? ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

monaro327
Here and there

Unread post by monaro327 » July 28th, 2018, 5:21 pm

I can't remember exactly sorry. I tried to post a reply and go an error along the lines of you can't reply to your own post. I figurd I'd wait till someone posted and throw up the additional links.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 28th, 2018, 6:56 pm

If you happen to 'double hit' the submit button within too short a space of time, the system will tell you that you need to wait a bit before replying, but you should be able to post another post immediately following your own. ;)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 28th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Regardless, I guess your links are out there now, and the story is a pretty good story, well worth the read. Good pics too! Thanks. :thumb:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 28th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Ps: I posted this post & both of the 2 posts above using your permissions, so it's not username linked (3 posts in line from the same username) & I don't think the system has got itself all twisted up over your account or anything specific permissions within it (3 posts all with the same permissions - yours!) Maybe it was that 'double tap on submit' thing?!? ;)

Whichever/whatever, I'm certainly still looking forward to seeing more about your travels, if you've got more?? :ooh:

monaro327
Here and there

Unread post by monaro327 » July 29th, 2018, 10:20 pm

No worrys we have plenty more. i put up our VHC story in the victoria section.

Return to “Epic Adventures/Multi-State”