Antenna to UHF adapter?

Tips, techniques and accessories for keeping in touch on the tracks
HiLuxy
Getting to know the place

Antenna to UHF adapter?

Unread post by HiLuxy » March 7th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with my communications. I narrowed down the problem to the aerial, and proceeded to buy one off the internet. The old faithful internet told me that this RFI aerial would be compatible with my Uniden UHF box, and I believed it. Unfortunately this is not the case, and I'm in need of an adapter to join the plug of the antenna to the box.

I can't find one anywhere for the life of me, but I'm convinced they exist somewhere. Similar to the one I've attached, but for RFI -> Uniden

Thanks to anyone who can help me shed light on this conundrum, it's really appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HiLuxy

Re: Antenna to UHF adapter?

Unread post by HiLuxy » March 7th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Ignore this I'm an idiot, the adapter was hiding at the bottom of the packet.

nra303
Here and there

Unread post by nra303 » March 27th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Good news...... on finding it. (not talking about the idiot part) :D

RFI are A1 company so good to hear it's all in the box. Adapter is SMA female to PL 259 (which is male) for anyone who might need to describe it when ordering one. Sometimes people need adapters like that for handhelds. Might be SMA to SO239 if connecting a hand held to a mobile antenna that has a PL 259 on it (regular mobile cb antenna connection). Check the SMA for male or female orientation.

BBQboy

Unread post by BBQboy » September 29th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Any good advice for CB antenna , which model I should get from RFI ?

I am getting Icom 400PRO cb radio

Thanks
Alen

Return to “Communications”