GME TX3440 Trouble Shooting

Tips, techniques and accessories for keeping in touch on the tracks
pyro492
Here and there

GME TX3440 Trouble Shooting

Unread post by pyro492 » August 28th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Hey Forum,

I just picked up and installed a brand new GME TX3440 with a Genuine GME Fibreglass 6db gain antenna. It worked brilliant the first day it was installed had about a 3-5km range in urban areas (line of sight).

Since having it in the vehicle for a week it still recieved signal well but won't transmit more than 20-50 metres anyone have any ideas on what the cause might be?

All the wires attached to the radio and to the antenna are attached firmly and making good contact so this ones got me stumped

Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

Cheers,
Pyro

eman
Getting to know the place

Re: GME TX3440 Trouble Shooting

Unread post by eman » September 26th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Not sure if this is still an issue but I had pretty much the exact same issue with mine. Mine was used but I bought a brand new antenna for it. Could receive fine but only transmit 50-100 metres away. Bit of searching and it sounded like the "RF output module" was faulty.
Took it to GME, told them the problem and they repaired it overnight. The guy at the service desk said they replaced the RF module. Didn't have the receipt with me but all repaired under warranty.

Tropical Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tropical Low » September 27th, 2011, 12:01 am

Check the coax plug that go's in to the radio, the center conductor of the coax sould be soldered to the center pin of the plug and the outer braid frimly contacted against the plug body as it is truned on to the coax. Is the right amount of power been supplyed to the radio? Other than that it would be good to get the radio look at by the tec's. All the best with it mate. Cheers

Jimmy10
Been here a while

Unread post by Jimmy10 » September 27th, 2011, 10:10 pm

GME's are notoriously bad for blowing PA's check your antenna connections otherwise get the PA block replaced Think the PA costs about $15 +labour not an expensive fix...

John
Fun Size!

waliapu
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by waliapu » January 7th, 2012, 9:24 am

I have had the same problem with 2 new TX3440 units. One has been repaired and the other which is six months old is about to go in for repairs.

deslexic
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by deslexic » May 11th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Gday guys, I've had the same problem recently with my GME TX3440. Just for the record it used to work fine in my toyota landcruiser but since I fitted it to 2007 d22 navara it kept coming up with "HI DC" each time I hit the PTT button and tried to say something. I could hear the other vehicle but they could not hear me. after some investigation and reading through forums, instruction manual etc I came to conclusion it was receiving too high voltage. I purchased this little regulator on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181617142420 ... EBIDX%3AIT
installed it and now works fine !! happy days!!

cheers

Return to “Communications”