Home-made gear/accessories, post yours!!!!

Discussion about home-built mods. Show us how smart you are!
Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re: Home-made gear/accessories, post yours!!!!

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » May 19th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Martins trailer parts - they ship Australia wide

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » May 19th, 2014, 8:48 pm

The bearings shouldn't really matter; they are barely being used anyway. I've even seen people use bronze bushes instead

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

THE RIG
Need to get out more

Unread post by THE RIG » May 19th, 2014, 8:53 pm

thats different aaron. sorry rogers cruiser, as aaron said can get them there, i got mine from ridjidigj online. dont quote me on the spelling.

Rogers Cruiser
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Rogers Cruiser » May 19th, 2014, 8:57 pm

thanks guys
'98-'06 - FJ-45 Ute fell over one day and didnt survive
'06-now - HJ-47 Troopy, restored and now daily driver.
'13-now - HJ-47 Ute, Farm fresh rust bucket, needs a restoration. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=152811

now - Off Road Box/Camper Trailer. viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153968&p=1792444#p1792444

Dont listen to me, Ive got an opinion on everything!

StickyD
Been here a while

Unread post by StickyD » May 31st, 2014, 4:39 pm

hey everyone,

At work we had sold our work ute to upgrade and they took some of the storage off it. Everything went pretty quickly except this one drawer and it had been sitting there for a while no one had shown any interest in it. Anyways so i had been looking at undertray toolboxes but then i told one of the boys from work and they suggested i ask if i could buy or what not this drawer. So i did, foreman said it was fine and i could have it. Then it began I replaced rollers and even added 2 more $15.95 for 4 from repco. I then had to start making the frame for it wich was out of 50x25mm rhs so for the sides and 25 x 5mm flat bar for the suppourts after tacking and welding it etc i got it painted for $30 dollers by our spraypainter at work

Total project = $45.95
final result

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » May 31st, 2014, 6:47 pm

StickyD
That is thinkin' INSIDE the box. Good find and great outcome for storage. You don't need Christmas presents to be a happy man, do you?

Puts a whole new meaning on Spacial Awareness.

StickyD
Been here a while

Unread post by StickyD » May 31st, 2014, 11:52 pm

Dmax,

Your a funny man. So many puns i can't handle it ha.But thanks mate.

Sharky71
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sharky71 » June 15th, 2014, 10:51 pm

My Home made rear storage, consists of 1 x full length draw, recessed fridge with storage area behind fridge, lift up RHS wing, cargo barrier (Milford), overhead shelf (home made), divider (home made). Has compressor mounted under left side plumbed to an outlet next to 3 x 12v merit sockets. Over on right side 2 x 12v power sockets.

THE RIG
Need to get out more

Unread post by THE RIG » June 19th, 2014, 1:14 am

a couple of pics of my roofrack and rear bar finished and repainted.

Sharky71
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sharky71 » June 29th, 2014, 5:38 pm

I like that roofrack mate, good job

THE RIG
Need to get out more

Unread post by THE RIG » June 29th, 2014, 9:06 pm

thanks sharky

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Unread post by Boof mk triton » July 21st, 2014, 5:49 pm

No real homemade mods as yet on my ute but the trailer well, will get to that in a minute.
Had to move the seat forward about an inch to fit the two 12" subs behind the seat of my dc triton. The only issue was the locking mechanism of the seat but solved ot with a fabbed up baby anchor bolt. Temporary only until i fix it proper. Started with a 210mm gap at widest point and managed to find 40mm with the mod and seemed to lose no space for my legs - at a bit over 190cm i dont sit there much needless to say!! Excuse the crusty pics phone only :/
image.jpg
So the fun begins in the next post - just gotta crop some photos and will put them up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boof
Somewhere in a land downunder...

Mods: plenty
To do: plenty more

My camper build - viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153623

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Unread post by Boof mk triton » July 21st, 2014, 7:01 pm

So heres a couple more of the sub install - nothing fancy just basically "made room" for so to speak.
image.jpg
image.jpg
No pics of the block though will get them if another audionut wants them.

So onto the trailer..

Started life as a 8x5 tandem axle. Spent its life hauling fencing gear about inclusive of strainer posts splits rails etc sometimes upwards of three tonne on it. Went for a ride into a gully via a horse yard one day - salvaged with an excavator then put back to work :eek: but after 5 years of utter abuse from me it was time for a refresh. I wish i had some pics of it before i started to show the scope of abuse but i dont dammit lol.

Started it new life as a single axle after i left it in the shed pondering what to do with it. So decided to make a multi use thing with a slide on camper. Cut the sides off it, managed to save. Junked the tail gate, chassis, old pull brakes, gave the old fove stud hubs and wheels to dad in return for the steel for a new chassis. Plenty of time on a nine inch grinder here!!

Built new chassis out of 65x65x3 rhs duragal, notch at front for full length rails and welded. 100x65x8mm c channel for the centre rail and pull mount. New 9"drums/brakes in 6 stud l'cruiser formation were fitted on 5 leaf springs and solid axle saved from the trailer originally, spring over conversion, shackle not slipper style setup with extended front mount, also re used. As its a budget build cost is at a massive premium, not exactly rich or sponsered so the old theory reuse and recycle and the barter system coming in big time. New bushes and bolts (6 off - 2 half inch and 1 five eight inch either side plus bushes) owe me $48. Chequerplated floor 3mm, $90 - scored some bent bits 8x4 times 2. Fully welded inside. All done with a old cigweld arc welder and 3.2mm 12p rods, 16tc on strength peices. Custom tool boxes on rear for whatever, spare tyre rack front right, jerry cans will be front left. Water tank, while not fitted yet will be mounted underneath over the axle. Wheels and tyres will match my ute, 15x8 -25 sunnies with 32"s. Wheels were free - cleaned up, etched, and painted ($28 - 2 cans wheel paint) tyres - $50 - facebook buy swap sell. Hubs / brakes $198 + 45 delivery. Already had leds on the last trailer so re using. New wiring $25 for five metres of heavy 7 core. So far around 485 bucks

Plenty to do yet but very hopefull to get some more done this week - will post as i do.
Hope to have it done for less than 800 registered. Have all the steel to finish it and paintas well. See how we go.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boof

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Unread post by Boof mk triton » July 21st, 2014, 7:10 pm

Couple more photos
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Will get a couple more later on. Will also post up a few of the slide on and a description as i get to it :)

Some of the work you fullas have done is absolutley astounding. Keep it coming - the ideas are endless - it just took me four hours to pore through it all. Incredible stuff!!
Boof

Chrisso82
Here and there

Unread post by Chrisso82 » September 6th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Just a few pics of things I have made!!!!!!!
Heat exchanger

MyRoof Console!!!

Return to “DIY”