Home-made gear/accessories, post yours!!!!

Discussion about home-built mods. Show us how smart you are!
d3m0n1c_4b
Part of the furniture

Home-made gear/accessories, post yours!!!!

Unread post by d3m0n1c_4b » June 19th, 2008, 8:05 pm

Hey all, like the title says, post your home made gear. i just wanted to see some stuff which people have made themselves. hopefully it can either inspire others to get in to the fun, or just give more ideas to those already doing it.
i reckon just about anything you've made for your beast is good enough for here. i reckon either post pics or links to it, and if anyone wants more info they can either post or just PM others.

so far all i've done personally is my roof console and door trims. so i figured i'd kick it off with just posting a pic of my roof console. cost me around $65 give or take a lil. 2 nights to buil, plus 1 more to fit uhf, light then in to my runner.

cheers all, i'm hoping this takes off coz i think it's a great opportunity for people to show their skills and check out what other people have been up to.

anyway, happy posting and browsing!!!!!!:D :thumb:
[align=left][color=black][b]'If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid.'[/b][/color][/align]
[align=left]Goin' for broke, or goin' home.[/align]

D1cko
Part of the furniture

Unread post by D1cko » June 19th, 2008, 8:14 pm

i made a new bash plate for my lux. cost me $50 to make 2 of them. I was quoted $450-500 for one from the local 4x4 mod shop so i decided to make it my self and save a heap of cash

Here it is

[/img]

Deadly GU
Need to get out more

Unread post by Deadly GU » June 19th, 2008, 8:30 pm

I built my rear bar & this fold table on the inside of the back door. The bar cost me about $400 to make, & the table & door panels cost about $70. These are just a couple of things I've made .
Cheers.......Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color=#FF8000]Different Strokes For Different Folks[/color]

[color=#40FF00]'01 Gu Patrol Wagon..........Tourer
'90 Nav................TOY[/color]

Luxembugger
Been here a while

Unread post by Luxembugger » June 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm

One of the mods that I've done to save a bit of coin is my snorkle. Cost me about $80 and around 4 hours. It's just one of many.
[font=Arial]97' DC lux, 3.8 V6, Dyna box, 80s Diff, Locked, 5in Skyjackers, Rancho 9000s, Inverted /\ rears, 35 claws, Custom tray, 30 Longs, x-over steering.[/font]

[font=Arial]I thought I made a mistake once... But I was wrong.:D[/font]

robsrunner
Been here a while

Unread post by robsrunner » June 19th, 2008, 10:48 pm

lux dont forget to mention your homemade antenna

diehard

Unread post by diehard » June 19th, 2008, 11:34 pm

just a set of drawers so far......

[font=Arial Black][b][url=http://www.angrymanphotography.com.au]www.angrymanphotography.com.au[/url][/b][/font]

[font=Arial Black][b][url=https://www.facebook.com/angrymanphotography]Angryman Facebook[/url][/b][/font]

It's what i do

marvic
Part of the furniture

Unread post by marvic » June 20th, 2008, 2:14 am

3 of mine are the fridge slide, spares box beside it with the power cord holder to stop wire damage and touch screen mount.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[align=center][color=black]Just me now in the Nav :truck: finishing off the trips we didn't get to do together. :thumb:[/color][/align]
[align=center]One day maybe I'll go back to the Wonnangatta.[/align]

Bunderro
Here and there

Unread post by Bunderro » June 20th, 2008, 9:08 am

Luxemburger that is a really smick snorkel top work mate
[align=center][font=Impact]If Women Really Knew What We Thought, We Would All Be DEAD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font=Verdana]17 and Poor, gotta love life aye[/font]
[/font][/align]

bop smoo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bop smoo » June 20th, 2008, 7:45 pm

where to start................

the sliders

the second glove box
The Trailer

the draws and table
the barrier
the roof rack
[b][size=100]CHIPPED,LIFTED,LOCKED & ROCK HOPPED.[/size][/b]

Josho
Been here a while

Unread post by Josho » June 20th, 2008, 7:59 pm

Rear bar and jerry can holder's. Also a light bar for the roof. all custom made by a good mate.
Man built roads so 4WD's could go off it!
GQ SWB 3' Springs, 2' Body, 35' pedes, Ironman 9,500lb, 1/4's gone, custom rear bar.

GermWarfare
Getting to know the place

Unread post by GermWarfare » June 20th, 2008, 8:47 pm

d3m0n1c_4b wrote: so far all i've done personally is my roof console and door trims.
That roof console rocks. I particularly like the upholstery. Might have a crack at one myself

Inspirational stuff.

d3m0n1c_4b
Part of the furniture

Unread post by d3m0n1c_4b » June 21st, 2008, 1:13 pm

GermWarfare wrote:That roof console rocks. I particularly like the upholstery. Might have a crack at one myself

Inspirational stuff.
cheers mate, yeah i really like doing that kinda upholstery kinda work ay, i did my door trims the same so the console matches them. it has 3mm foam under the vinyl to be softer. have a go mate, it's a blast, i really enjoyed making it and wanted to make another(coz i bought enough stuff to make 2) but didnt have another vehicle to make it for,lol.

cheers for all the pic's guys, mods looks awesome, keep it up and hopefully we can get some more people to post.
[align=left][color=black][b]'If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid.'[/b][/color][/align]
[align=left]Goin' for broke, or goin' home.[/align]

cowboy
Here and there

Unread post by cowboy » June 21st, 2008, 1:41 pm

boop smo you seam to b a very handy person well done same with the rest of you but 1 queston boop smoo what have you got hidden under the tarp looks interesting from what i can c

D-Fender
Been here a while

Unread post by D-Fender » June 21st, 2008, 3:33 pm

Hey guys, wow you've all made some wicked gear. I dont have a 4by yet but i cant wait till i can get into making my own consoles and stuff, nice work!

Cheers
Andy.

utedriver
Need to get out more

Unread post by utedriver » June 21st, 2008, 4:14 pm

cowboy wrote:boop smo you seam to b a very handy person well done same with the rest of you but 1 queston boop smoo what have you got hidden under the tarp looks interesting from what i can c
Pretty sure there is Suzuki under there..
[size=84][url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/f27/utedrivers-gu-iv-things-slowly-happening-34536/]My Members Page[/url][/size]
[size=84][url=http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=922]GU PATROL[/url][/size]

Return to “DIY”