Swap & Go Mig Gas Now In Perth

Discussion about home-built mods. Show us how smart you are!
Uncle Buck
Here and there

Swap & Go Mig Gas Now In Perth

Unread post by Uncle Buck » February 13th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Just wen't to Hare & Forbes Belmont this morning bought my own E size bottle full with mig gas for $479. Now it's just a swap and go deal $139 exchange no more BOC rental yee ha. Total Tools have just opened up 2 stores in Kewdale & Midland and do the same as well. So all you blokes who do a but of welding we now have theese 2 companies who are looking after us over here in the west.

Buck.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Re: Swap & Go Mig Gas Now In Perth

Unread post by Shann Low » February 13th, 2016, 1:42 pm

I just paid MY BOC account.

$19.16 a month rental.

It's $111 refill exchange from memory.

I'd be lucky to use a E bottle a year....

So yeah, I guess the annual rental equals the cost of buying your own bottle and just swapping it - so that after 12 months your in front on the rental agreement.

How do you get on with the bi annual pressure test and visual inspection / stamping of the bottle deal?

Dunno If I bought a bottle I think I'd like to keep my own and have it refilled maybe - rather than swap it for a maybe old bottle almost out of test.

I had a brand new BBQ gas bottle that was emptied for the first time recently and did a swap and go at the servo, and got some ~100 year old bottle with a cheap respray & 100 underlying but visible paint chips etc... felt like I got somehow 'dudded' on my brand spanking new BBQ Gas bottle for some old piece a shyte bottle!.

OMMV

mad_mat222
Been here a while

Re: Swap & Go Mig Gas Now In Perth

Unread post by mad_mat222 » February 18th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Hi,
Cole Tools in Cairns is doing the same. Think their prices are slightly higher but similar. No more gasless wire for me. By the time you figure out price of gasless wire+ time spent grinding all the splatter and crap off everything, E bottle is the way to go for DIY. Not a plug for Coles just FYI and I'm not affiliated.

Return to “DIY”