New Mud tyres on my hilux what do people recommend???

Advice on the right rolling stock for your 4WD
nathg91
Getting to know the place

New Mud tyres on my hilux what do people recommend???

Unread post by nathg91 » July 29th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Putting a new set of 33/12.5 R15s on my hilux look at the achillies desert hawk xmt but want some other opinions.

I run a dual cab hilux with canopy 3 inch lift wanting reasonable kms as well.

Cheers

molezy81
Here and there

Re: New Mud tyres on my hilux what do people recommend???

Unread post by molezy81 » October 8th, 2015, 11:59 am

Hi Nathg91,

There is a new Cooper Mud Tyre that has just been released. It's called "The New Generation" STT PRO. It's a totally new design from the STT3. There are quite a few new tyre features. Here are some:

-The “flex groove” provides a smoother ride by helping to dampen the impact generated by inconsistencies in pavement, potholes and gravel.
-The inner tread ribs in a 3-2 pattern provides a number of significant performance benefits like: reduced road noise, increased stability and handling, superior soft surface and mud traction.
-The Armourtek technology in the sidewall construction provides 50% more protection against impact damage than standard 2-ply tires.
-The STT PRO features large, specially-designed cleats of rubber (side biters) on the shoulder area of the sidewall, to enhance traction and grip.
-The asymmetrical scallops on alternating lugs direct mud into the mud scoops to allow the tire to pull through muddy terrains with ease.

You can see most of these features on the attachment I have provided.

Cheers and goodluck

Molezy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Re: New Mud tyres on my hilux what do people recommend???

Unread post by chris_stoffa » October 8th, 2015, 12:01 pm

Nath,

Budget tyres or Money is no object ?
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Return to “Wheel and Tyre”