View topic - New Ford Ranger XLT - wheel / tyre & lift kit options?

New Ford Ranger XLT - wheel / tyre & lift kit options?

Advice on the right rolling stock for your 4WD
I'm new, be nice!

New Ford Ranger XLT - wheel / tyre & lift kit options?

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post... Ive just bought a new Ford Ranger XLT Dual Cab (brand new model just released) and I'm looking for some advice on wheel / tyre and lift kits. Being a new model, there doesn't seem to be much information out there yet. With regards to the lift kit, Id like to lift it by 2" and prefer to spend more for top quality components.... The car will be used 90% on road and to be honest it's more for looks than off road performance. Im new to all this, so any advice is welcomed.

With the wheels and tyres, the car comes standard with 17x8 alloy wheels, but I can't seem to find any info about the offset.. Does anyone know what the offset is?

I'm looking at fitting 17x9 rims with say 32" tyres, but again, I'm new to this so I'm not sure if these are appropriate sizes? I'm just looking to beef up the looks without compromising on ride and handling too much.

Thanks in advance.... Cheers.

Unread postby Flyer67 » November 5th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Getting to know the place

Re: New Ford Ranger XLT - wheel / tyre & lift kit options?

Flyer67 wrote:Hi All, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post... Ive just bought a new Ford Ranger XLT Dual Cab (brand new model just released) and I'm looking for some advice on wheel / tyre and lift kits. Being a new model, there doesn't seem to be much information out there yet. With regards to the lift kit, Id like to lift it by 2" and prefer to spend more for top quality components.... The car will be used 90% on road and to be honest it's more for looks than off road performance. Im new to all this, so any advice is welcomed.

With the wheels and tyres, the car comes standard with 17x8 alloy wheels, but I can't seem to find any info about the offset.. Does anyone know what the offset is?

I'm looking at fitting 17x9 rims with say 32" tyres, but again, I'm new to this so I'm not sure if these are appropriate sizes? I'm just looking to beef up the looks without compromising on ride and handling too much.

Thanks in advance.... Cheers.

Gday mate, well done on your purchase, I have just brought a new Bt50 and am looking for rims and tires as well. What I have been told is the rim is a P55 and it seems CSA are the only ones that have them at the moment but that will change in time.

Unread postby Dennynt » November 13th, 2011, 7:37 am

Re: New Ford Ranger XLT - wheel / tyre & lift kit options?

Hi guys,
I hav'nt seen too many new BT50's/PX ranger's in the flesh so I can't really comment on what
they can actually have fitted & what is the best item to have fitted to them,but I just got onto
the CSA/Mullins web site and it says the offset for these vehicles is +35.
Flyer67,if you want 32's fitted to your PX ranger,can i suggest 16x8 rims(only because "IF"
you damage a rim,you've got more chance of finding a 16" then you do a 17" rim).

As for the suspension,because it is a brand spanking new model,aftermarket gear will soon filter
through the system and will be available.
Don't forget post a few pictures of your new rides in the Ford Ranger/Mazda BT50 sections of
the forum.

Brad,

Unread postby rolly82 » November 13th, 2011, 11:55 am

Return to Wheel and Tyre