Batterybox fitting - thoughts on tying it down?

Get your electrical juices flowing - ask those auto electrical questions here
cbd
Here and there

Batterybox fitting - thoughts on tying it down?

Unread post by cbd » September 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm

G'day
I've had a secound battery in my old truck. Ran a 3 way fridge when on the move then ran the lights when camped up and the 3 way fridge run off the gas.
Got me a Secop fridge freezer now so I've got a battery box to run it. Great as I can leave the battery box in camp.
But it's the battery box or it's weight I'm worried about. It's 30 add Kg and that's pretty bloody heavy
Any thoughts about tying it down?
And due to its weight probably right near the tail gate.. can't see myself lifting it through a side window.
Any thoughts or inputs are appreciated

cbd
Here and there

Re: Batterybox fitting - thoughts on tying it down?

Unread post by cbd » October 20th, 2018, 6:08 pm

G'day
Had the battery and box for a few weeks now and have it sitting next to the charger in the shed and flick it on every Sunday night. Doesn't take much effort and it goes through to trickle charge pretty fast.
Have a temporary fitting for it in the rear of the tub. It will have to be changed when I finally find the time to make a set of draws.
A simple 12 mm ply box bolted to the floor. Battery is strapped inside the battery box. Battery box is strapped to the ply box. Shouldn't go anywhere. Have a 75 amp circuit braker which acts as a switch when the battery is not in the truck.
Off camping next week see how it works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boots33
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Boots33 » October 21st, 2018, 8:15 pm

I put mine in a similar place. Mine is permanently mounted in place though, camper has its own batteries and I just run out a lead to the tent if we are travelling light.

The box is bolted to the drawers and to the tub floor, the same floor bolts also hold the web strap. The strap is all that holds the battery down and I have had to leave the box lid off as there was not enough room for it. if height was not an issue I would probably have have gone with a bolt down mount like this one. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Battery-Tra ... :rk:4:pf:0

I wanted to have a nice flat area in the tub once the wings were made and fitted.

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » October 21st, 2018, 9:07 pm

G'day
Love your work.
Thanks gives me some more ideas

Return to “Electrical”