What've you done for ute tray elec setup? Pics or ideas?

Get your electrical juices flowing - ask those auto electrical questions here
THE RIG
Need to get out more

What've you done for ute tray elec setup? Pics or ideas?

Unread post by THE RIG » September 15th, 2015, 9:22 am

G'day everyone, I will soon be in the process of re wiring my dual batteries and accessories, as my patrol was a wagon, all my elecy setup was in the rear.
I am going to mount 2 batteries under the tray, above the diff. will have an inspection hole in the tray floor, wont need to be accessed often, just easier to get them under there. I have a couple of waterproof junction boxes that im thinking of using to house fuse block, ctek etc.
or another idea was on the left rear, mount an under tray tool box and have all my electrical fit out in there!
or have the waterproof boxes up on the headboard so they're high and dry.

too many ideas floating around, anyone have any pics or ideas?

Thanks

Tom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

st_za
Here and there

Re: What've you done for ute tray elec setup? Pics or ideas?

Unread post by st_za » September 20th, 2015, 12:51 am

I learnt from my setup that 4G cable is a minimum, circuit breakers can also be used as isolator switches, a removable/movable box is super handy if you need 12V power away from the ute, a large box on top of the tray limits the tray practicality a lot, tray lights are very handy, Jaycar has cheap pre-made wiring kits with relays for roof/tray lights and the current draw of lights/accessories connected to the auxiliary batteries need to be reckoned into cabling/fuses/circuit breakers/isolators/chargers.
The average human walks 1,500km per year and drinks 83L of beer which means we're getting 18km/L.

Return to “Electrical”