Dash Light Problem in Hyundai Terracan

Get your electrical juices flowing - ask those auto electrical questions here
Blue Terra
I'm new, be nice!

Dash Light Problem in Hyundai Terracan

Unread post by Blue Terra » June 22nd, 2012, 7:18 pm

Hi There,
I'm new to this forum, and own a 2001 Terracan, 5spd, just done a 100,000 k's. I parked the car the other night, went to drive it the next morning and got greeted by 2 green lights on the Dash, One is a picture of 4 wheels and a diff, and 2nd light says 4WD Low. The car is driving normally, but on attempting to select 4WD, it will not go into 4WD, and is definitely not currently in 4WD. It has spent the day at the Auto-Electrician today, but he is looking into it further. 'sHas anyone got any ideas for why I am having this problem, car has not been off road since I have had it, bought it December 2011 with 91,000k's on it, and all the original dockets and books. Timing belt has been done prior to me buying the vehicle.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Blue Terra

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Dash Light Problem in Hyundai Terracan

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 22nd, 2012, 8:00 pm

You didn't have a midnight joy-rider take it for a bit of a low range spin did you?

Or are you 'sleep-driving' over the neighbours back lawn??

It is an odd one, probly be something to do with the 4wd/low range sensors/solenoids in the trans case/front diff, hope the auto elec finds it for you & sorts it quickly. Good Luck
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Blue Terra
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Blue Terra » June 23rd, 2012, 9:30 pm

Thanks to Peter for his comments, the car had no odd lights on the dash when I parked it at night. I got in it the next morning, and the two bright Green lights stayed on the Dash, and have been there ever since. The car definitely is in 2WD, so I wish the gremlin would go, because I live in Freezing Lithgow, am thinking maybe the switch has been affected in a bad way, as unfortunately it doesn't have a carport or garage. Any other ideas would be most welcome. Does anyone per chance know of a Hyundai wrecker, as I am thinking that the Shift Position Motor and Switch may set me back quite a pretty few Dollar$.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 23rd, 2012, 10:04 pm

You might try getting under the transfer case/front diff & spraying every elec connection/solenoid connection with WD40 or CRC - wet weather (or driving thru water crossings) can get moisture into the connectors & wiring etc & give you this sort of trouble well before the shift position motor or switch pack it in - worth a shot anyway ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

5amp50nat0r
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by 5amp50nat0r » June 28th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Blue terra

Did you find out what the problem was as my beast is doing the same thing

Return to “Electrical”