Which clutch kit for 60 series

From your gearbox to your wheels - tech on drivetrain mods inside
Redrig60
I'm new, be nice!

Which clutch kit for 60 series

Unread post by Redrig60 » June 22nd, 2018, 6:45 pm

Hi all this is the first time ive ever used this site so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong spot...
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best replacement clutch would be for a HJ60 2H n/a. It does a lot of bush work and is often the recovery vehicle as the boys can't keep up with it in their little Hiluxes hahaha, so I want it as strong as can be. I removed the gearbox and transfer and dropped it off to be be torn down and asessed as to what components need replacing. So as you would know I do not want to be putting some $&@& in that I'll have troubles with and have to tear it all down again. I have been told by a few people to put in a 4terrain ultimate by clutch industries, I was thinking exedy safari what do you think?? any help would be appreciated

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Which clutch kit for 60 series

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 22nd, 2018, 9:05 pm

If you want something better'n all those you've mentioned, check out the Xtreme Outback Clutch kits - you don't need (or want!) a ceremic disc unit for anything short of a Comp vehicle (cos they are pigs on the road & for 'normal' driving) but their HD Organic units with the Xtra HD Clamping Force Pressure Plates makes for a pretty good combination that's suitable for a daily driver that also hasta perform very well off road! :thumb:

Check 'em out! https://www.xtremeoutback.com.au/en/pro ... ge/4x4-suv
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Redrig60
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Redrig60 » June 23rd, 2018, 6:27 pm

Cheers peter ill have a look at them

Redrig60
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Redrig60 » June 23rd, 2018, 6:31 pm

And i would be best doing the rear crank seal while i have it all off wouldnt i?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 23rd, 2018, 10:38 pm

If you are going to be that close to the rear main anyway.... why not?! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Drivetrain”