How do Bundera Transfer Cases vacuum actuators work?

From your gearbox to your wheels - tech on drivetrain mods inside
kirbs8
Here and there

How do Bundera Transfer Cases vacuum actuators work?

Unread post by kirbs8 » October 7th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Hey guys, I bought a v6 conversion for my Hilux from the wreckers but it came with a bundera transfer case. I don't want to fork out a lot more money for the gearbox output shaft and adapter to suit my hilux transfer so I am going to use it in my conversion. I am just chasing a bit of information about it. I have been doing some reading and it has a vacuum operated 4wd switch. Just wondering how exactly this works, As in how much vacuum it requires and where it usually comes from. Also, I have heard they are the same as the landcruiser transfers, Is this true? Cheers in advance!

kirbs8
Here and there

How do the toyota vacuum operated T/C work?

Unread post by kirbs8 » October 11th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Hi guys, I made a post in the other section of the forum but I don't think many people are seeing it, so I thought here would be more appropriate. I picked up a v6 engine conversion for my hilux, but it has a transfer from what I believe is a bundera. It has the vacuum operated 2wd/4wd switch and a high/low lever. I am chasing information on how to get the vacuum part working, I have searched high and low for a diagram but I can't find seem to have any luck. I want to plumb it up and get it working in the easiest and most practicable way possible. I seen an article for a foreign (swisse i think) 60 series and he used a pneumatic 5 way toggle, I was wondering if this would be suitable? Cheers in advance

datsun1600turbo
Here and there

Re: How do Bundera Transfer Cases vacuum actuators work?

Unread post by datsun1600turbo » October 16th, 2013, 12:50 am

Hi I have a bundera the two big vacuum lines from the transfer get reduced to little lines that go to a vsv switch (vacuum switching valve) that grabs vacuum from the intake manifold. but you have to be able to switch the vacuum over from one pipe to the other pipe so you can disengage 4wd. the vsv switch is simple one pipe in one pipe out when 12v powered it allows air threw joining both pipes... just get two vsv switchs from the wreckers then run one pipe from transfer to a reducing nipple so you can get a vacuum line on it to the vsv then the second port meaning (pipe out) on vsv to a spare port on the intake manifold so when powered it gets vacuum to engage 4wd.then the second pipe from the transfer to another reducing nipple to the second vsv switch you got then just bridge the second port on the vsv to the first pipe you put on the intake manifold.then just get two toggle switchs power 1 vsv then just turn off 1 then power the other vsv to swap vacuum over to disengage to 4wd. the bundera has two vsv switchs 1 that gets triggered buy the switch on the transfer when you move the hi/lo gearstick.the other on the dash with a button...but that is done stupidly complicated....just do it the simple way...or to be real dodgy just run the pipes from transfer straight to the intake manifold then just swap pipes the opposite way to disengage 4wd but that will get annoying after awhile...ps it doesn't need much vaccum you can suck on one of the pipes and it will it engage 4wd ....and yes the bundera transfer is a 60 series landcruiser transfer.....

Return to “Drivetrain”