4" lift kit for ford ranger XLT 2011

Springs, shocks and all things between your chassis and diffs
smithy90
Here and there

4" lift kit for ford ranger XLT 2011

Unread post by smithy90 » May 6th, 2011, 2:33 pm

I was thinking about the OME range was wondering if anyone else has any good helpful info on different kits or there opinion on how to go about it

Thanks

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re: 4" lift kit for ford ranger XLT 2011

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » May 6th, 2011, 6:49 pm

It will be an expensive job done properly. You will need an engineers certificate and you will have to upgrade a number of parts or they will break. Stick with a 2 inch - why would you need 4?

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

smithy90
Here and there

Unread post by smithy90 » May 6th, 2011, 6:56 pm

yeh thats true guess it was for more of the wang! factor, 2 inch should be plently just want enough to fit 32 or 33 inch tyres

Matty R
Been here a while

Unread post by Matty R » May 6th, 2011, 7:19 pm

32s will fit with a 50mm lift, but even then its a bit of trimming mud flaps and inner guards. 33s will need a fair bit more lift or 50mm suspension with a body lift.

ranger2452
Need to get out more

Unread post by ranger2452 » May 30th, 2011, 10:20 pm

body lift and a grinder :D
W.A .......whingers anonymous
Coffs harbour.....4wd capital of the WORLD
Ranger2452 aka rebadgedmazda2452

Mudrunner's4WD
Avid Poster

Unread post by Mudrunner's4WD » February 10th, 2012, 5:39 pm

SAS it

bravoboy300
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bravoboy300 » February 11th, 2012, 4:32 pm

I think superior engineering do a lift like that. Bear in mind that you can't legally body lift an air bag equipped vehicle

ranger2452
Need to get out more

Unread post by ranger2452 » February 11th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Yeah but a body lift let me fit these
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W.A .......whingers anonymous
Coffs harbour.....4wd capital of the WORLD
Ranger2452 aka rebadgedmazda2452

bravoboy300
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bravoboy300 » February 11th, 2012, 10:23 pm

I'm not saying anythings wrong with it. My utes got a bodylift. I'm just stating the law with airbag equipped vehicles. Your insurance will be voided too unless engineered.

dalek
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dalek » July 5th, 2012, 2:48 pm

don't know about a 4 inch lift but i had a 2 inch lift to my 2011 ford ranger px an oldmanemu from ARB fitted by them when i picked it up and drove i felt a shudder and vibrations from my drive shaft which was not there before, i took it back to ARB 5 times they tried all sorts of fixes but can't fix problem so i'm waiting for them to put my old springs back on, not very happy with ARB

vic.

kunnuzboy01
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by kunnuzboy01 » June 12th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Snake Racing do a complete 3"lift for the px ranger. look the biz to. not sure if your sorted yet.
Shorties, live life on the edge

overit
Been here a while

Unread post by overit » August 14th, 2015, 11:04 pm

I did a 4 inch ProComp lift on my 92 IFS 4Runner back in the day, for the price of it, I should have just gone the SAS route for it. IFS trucks are really dangerous on hairy tracks as they only have ~50mm of front wheel travel due to the wishbone suspension, they just want to roll. If I didn't have rockslides that fit 5 mates that would stand on the high side whilst going through ruts, climbing hills, etc, I would have rolled it on multiple occasions! If you can chase down the front axle of a bundera (coiled front live axle hilux) or similar (providing the diffs line up with the transfer case correctly), it's not that much to do the swap. Either way you will still need to get it engineered being a 4" lift, but it will be far more capable than any IFS setup available in a roadworthy 4wd. Plus the IFS always throws one front wheel (or both if your going hard enough :twisted: ) so you really want a front locker of sorts to regain traction, but you still have the stability issues. SAS and good suspension you will have all tyres on the ground 75% of the time (going hard that is, ie those tracks you think holy ****!) meaning more traction without lockers as all tyres have grip. If you just want bigger tyres, 2" sus lift and 2" body lift and you will fit 33's no dramas, add a tidy guard chop and you can fit 35's. It's up to you but either way you go you have to make sure the pinion angles of diffs are in parallel as this is what causes that shudder dalek is talking about. But either option you will need engineering certs for. Best thing is, 2" body lifts are easy to get engineers certs for in any state in Aus. Depending on which state you are in, the SAS will be harder to get engineered, but look at the welding on most factory chassis, this is done by robots and it looks like bird poo, anyone with a steady hand can produce a far better weld than what is holding most chassis together! If you don't have a steady hand, a couple of beers sets that straight :thumb: and your welds will be better than factory! There have been many wicked SAS swaps done over the years, I wish I had done that!!! Plus with an SAS setup you can get rid of those nasty CV joints that **** out when you do a creek crossing thanks to those lame rubber CV boots, 1 tiny hole in them, mud gets in and it's cactus in no time!

But it also depends on what you want to use the truck for. If it's just a street pony for looks, IFS is fine. If you want to take it out serious bush, live axles all the way! But that's just my opinion... If you go down the ifs 4" lift kit, get a front crossmember for the rear of the front and use that instead of the kits one as it's heaps stronger, not that the kits are weak but you can always make them stronger. Overkill everything on a 4wd, engineer a formula 1. There is a massive difference!

PS. The only reason I sold that 4Runner is because ARB ****** it when installing the front diff lock, didn't do the bolts up and completely destroyed both CV's as the diff was then free floating (not bolted to anything!) and all the lift kits cross members fell out/snapped (because of the bolts were missing and the diff was bouncing around! :mad: ) whilst heading up the cape the weekend after they installed the locker :mad: 100,000km on the lift kit with going bush every weekend and not a drama (apart from changing the shocks and springs), then ARB touched it and (where's the smiley for "getting ****** up the ****"?) destroyed it... Anyways... The past is the past...

seanbeatty
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by seanbeatty » October 9th, 2015, 7:24 pm

hey guys,
I have a ford ranger lx 2012 and was wondering if I could do a sas conversion and if so how high of a lift is a sas anyway? im new into 4wd,i have a snorkel and arb deluxe bullbar already on my truck and have just purchased domin8r winch and two way radio, im going to get a lift and not sure how much I should get,stick to a 2in or go all out and sas it,any info on suspensions for my model would be truly appreciated,i can also post pictures as im not sure if it already had a lift of some sort because the car dealership I bought it from said it was a bit higher than normal,but im not sure if that's because of the tyres on it? again any help will be truly appreciated...cheers!!

Return to “Suspension”