Fishing sydney, pref with your 4wd?

Where are they biting? How big was the one you caught?
LittleGem
Been here a while

Fishing sydney, pref with your 4wd?

Unread post by LittleGem » March 16th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Hey guys, Me and a mate have managed to pull Wednesday off work and have been planning to go for a fish for a while but apart from tom ugly's bridge we don't really know where else to go and are a bit sick of it really, was thinking hawks bury river system but that seams more like boat fishing then land fishing so any help or suggestions please and if I can get their by 4wd that would be great however nothing serious thanks.
Chris.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

LittleGem
Been here a while

Re: Fishing sydney, pref with your 4wd?

Unread post by LittleGem » March 16th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Ps I'm mainly chasing flathead/bream or whiting thanks.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TLC60S » March 17th, 2014, 10:44 pm

How about Pearl Beach LittleGem! You don't need a 4wd but I have enjoyed fishing their at night. I have hired a boat a Berowra Waters. Another Option could be to camp for a night at The Basin camping area on Pitt Water & fish that area but it has no vehicle access only the ferry from Avalon. Then there is also Narrabeen Lakes.
Cheers TLC60S

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » March 18th, 2014, 2:15 pm

hey TLC60S i'll look into thanks, went to kuringai chase np yesterday and had no luck but looking at head up to Stockton on Sunday and see how that goes.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 18th, 2014, 6:08 pm

I'm sorry LittleGem, I've never had a great deal of success fishing for flathead/bream or whiting using anyone's 4WD as bait! :eek:

I usually do a lot better with squid pieces or blood worms..... :sillywink:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » March 19th, 2014, 7:27 am

No wonder I never caught anything, I look into changing my bait, and I guess find a better way of disposing of patrols :p (I guess killing two birds with one stone won't work here)

stevezammit
Been here a while

Unread post by stevezammit » April 22nd, 2014, 2:56 pm

If you want flatty's and bream try Silver Beach at Kurnel. I usually bait with unweighted pillies off the rock groynes letting them drift on an outgoing tide. If you burley you'll bring the bream to you. You're also a chance of salmon, tailor, trevally and the occassional kingy. It's easy to fish and just work your way along each one until you find the fish. Soft plastics are good there as well.
Last hour of run up and 2 hours of run out usually fish the best.

Stockton can be a demanding beach to fish if you can't read the water well, I find it fishes best on the run out and you'll need to identify not only the gutters but which part of the gutter is doing the most kicking up of sand for the fish to feed. Use whole pilchards on gang hooks (small pilchards if you can get them and match the hooks to suit) and work the front and back of the gutters. Sometimes.. Actually often the fish will be just about at your feet so don't neglect the edge of the gutter closest to you. Another tip is be active. Don't load your line with too much sinker but walk your line the length of the gutter. Also work different distance casts trying to cover the territory thoroughly.
If the tailor or salmon are thick don't be shy to stick a whole fillet of one of them out on heavier gear for a jew.

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » June 22nd, 2014, 6:12 pm

Hey thanks Steve. I'll look into kurnell, been a while since I've headed out so I'll loom into it in the coming weeks.

Return to “Fishing With Your 4WD”