snapper point munmorrah N/P

Where are they biting? How big was the one you caught?
RODEODAVE
Been here a while

snapper point munmorrah N/P

Unread post by RODEODAVE » February 23rd, 2013, 4:47 pm

I am looking at heading up to frazers beach to camp and fish snapper point has anybody been here any tips or pointers would be appriciated

thanks Dave

ezzy
Here and there

Re: snapper point munmorrah N/P

Unread post by ezzy » February 26th, 2013, 7:37 pm

if fishing weekends, expect crowds. for what is quite a large ledge, only a small percentage of it fishes well/is easy to fish. I usually fish it in the arvos after work chucking lures, as i live a short drive away.
Whats horrible about the place is the amount of rubbish that gets left there. I usually end up carting out a garbage bin bag full of pilly bags, discarded line and empty bottles every time i fish it. very depressing to see to be quite honest. I have noticed that it has been getting slightly better in recent years, but there is still a long way to go.
WARNING: cars often get tampered with in the carpark. i've seen tyres slashed or let down, bins emptied into the back of utes, mirrors snapped off etc. It hasnt been too bad lately, but it has been known to happen.

RODEODAVE
Been here a while

Unread post by RODEODAVE » February 28th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Damage to car is a bit of a turn off ....it amazes me how lazy people are they will carry pillies in but won't carry empty bag out? How well does it produce ? What sort of species would be best targeted there and if blown out where could one go to get out of the n/e winds we seem to be getting lately thanks in advance Dave

ezzy
Here and there

Unread post by ezzy » March 12th, 2013, 5:17 pm

I only ever chuck lures there mate, on 10 or 15lb braid with 20lb FC leader. The class of fish is usually pretty average and very controllable on light tackle if you use good quality gear and know how to use it. Scumbos (aka, salmon) are the most common capture all year around. During summer, bonito are common too. Kingfish do turn up from time to time, but usually undersized models. Occasionally you do come across legal sized kings, although due to the awkward nature of the ledge, most people lose them anyway.
Most of the time, i chuck xrap 12's and 10's, or nilsmaster invincible 14's with a stainless bib. Metal slices dont seem to catch anywhere as many fish. Now and then i'll chuck gulp 5" jerkshads, especially in clearer water.
Its a bit of a crowd magnet on weekends, and usually fills with goons who's aim seems to be to make your life a misery by casting over your line :mad: . Which is why i only fish it midweek... the stooges arent out on weekday arvos :lol:

Return to “Fishing With Your 4WD”