Mounting an outboard on your truck...Now with pics.

Where are they biting? How big was the one you caught?
Geeps08
Been here a while

Re: Mounting an outboard on your truck...Now with pics.

Unread post by Geeps08 » January 4th, 2013, 9:03 pm

thats excellent man. i agree with the rubber in the v block. after that the out board will have the best seat in the house.
See my face book page . Custom Canopies.

mudjunkie
Avid Poster

Unread post by mudjunkie » January 5th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Mate Moreton was great. Had a top 2 weeks. Weather was close to perfect too. And got 2 big Snapper, 740mm & 770mm ! Just gotta re drill the pad as the clamps foul on the bolts. No vibrations or movement at all. Solid as a rock. And you can't see but I have glued 3mm rubber in the support. Works a treat...

andrewchr
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by andrewchr » May 30th, 2013, 10:19 am

Hi Mudjunkie,
i'm impressed with your outboard motor holder. due you think something similar could be made to fit in a towing hitch. I'm struggling to find a spot to put the outboard for my dinghy. The wife is adamant its not going in the car as the fumes get to her and i'm not sure that the roof rack will cope with the weight. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as we're off to fraser in july.
Andrew

mudjunkie
Avid Poster

Unread post by mudjunkie » June 1st, 2013, 5:21 pm

Mate I Reckon It Would Be Easy. And Much Better Than Having The Motor Inside. Would Be A Handful On The Roof ! Find A Mate Who Can Weld. I Did... Good Luck...

ttcelica
Been here a while

Unread post by ttcelica » December 8th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Following on from mudjunkie's build, I have done the same, but to my 80 series DX. After about 3/4 of a day on the beers and welder, this is what a mate and I came up with. I wanted the motor to sit within the bodyline of the cruiser to reduce the risk of it clipping trees when out on the trails. It also had to fit with a 315/75 tyre on the carrier, an Ozplate hydrofoil on the leg, sit as low as possible, and not protrude any further out than the spare. See the pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phill
95 DX 80, 1HDFTE, A750, PWR, Aerotech, BFG, Outback, ARB, Premier,VDO, Raw, Kings, Kaymar, GME.............should have shares in this lot!!

yimo
Getting to know the place

Unread post by yimo » February 9th, 2015, 6:58 am

Nice solution for the mounting of your outboard. If you were worried about dust and mud getting into your outboard while your traveling I have found that wrapping the motor in cling wrap to be the best protection against dust/mud on the longer journeys
4wds are made to get dirty

Return to “Fishing With Your 4WD”