Freelance travel!

Tracey J

Freelance travel!

Unread post by Tracey J » June 29th, 2010, 9:02 am

Earn easy money while 4WDing!

We know you're passionate about 4WDing, camping and camper trailers, so how about sharing your experiences!

4WD Action magazine, along with sister publications Camper Trailer Touring and Camping With Your 4WD, are looking for 4WD enthusiasts to send in your real-world travel stories.

An ability to take great photos is an advantage, but please contact us regardless, we may be able to send a photographer to you. You don't need to be an experienced journalist. You only need the basic ability to string a few words together in a conversational style - to tell a story, as you might relate it to friends over dinner, and you will get paid for your efforts. it's a great way to earn money doing what you love!

Your location is not an issue, as we want you to be writing about your actual 4WDing, camping and camper trailer experiences right around Australia.

If you would enjoy the opportunity to share your passion and experiences writing for Australia's best-selling 4WD magazines, please send a cover letter outlining your background, travel experiences and planned future adventures to:

tjohns@expresspublications.com.au

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » June 29th, 2010, 9:41 am

Aw man I need to get a car!
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

deepop
Been here a while

Unread post by deepop » June 29th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Hey Tracey

Can you just take photo's (what format?) and send a report to you guys or do you need to formalise an agreement to get paid for it?
Darren
'02 GXL Landcruiser 'Hawkesbury' LE manual petrol. Blk Sunnies, Cooper ST's 285/75/R16 - Now with VI LPG, D/Batt's, C/Barrier, ARB steel bar, HD Rhino bars

bundy85
Been here a while

Unread post by bundy85 » June 29th, 2010, 2:59 pm

In addition to the previous question:

As a freelance writer, would there be a monthly quota to fill? Or whenever we travel do we do a write up and submit our words? Can see it as agreat excuse to go camping and exploring more often, but cannot devote weeks at a time...

Deans4by

Unread post by Deans4by » June 29th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Love to do it but i can have trouble putting words together. Going to consider it when i have a decent trip coming up.
Who cares what 4wd you have just get out and use it.
MK Triton 2.8L TD a few mods goes alright.

Tracey J

Unread post by Tracey J » June 29th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Hey guys,

Deepop - Yes, we need to formalise the arrangement - for starters we have guidlines as to what a travel story should include and how it is laid out, so it's good to be in touch before your trip. We need you to sign an agreement with us that covers all sorts of things from copyright to paying you. We don't need to send a photographer to you if you can shoot your own great stuff, so feel free to send me a few pics and let me know about your camera gear if that's what you would prefer.

bundy 85 - there won't be a monthly quota to fill - it would be a matter of you letting us know when you're heading off on a trip and where you are going. Letting us know these details in advance gives us the chance to tell you whether or not we may have covered that location recently and it allows us to plan ahead in trying to keep a balance of travel stories from different states for each issue. We also try to have a balance between big, epic type trips like Cape York and weekender trips from capital cities.
From time to time when we are needing travel stories from a particular area that you are in we might give you a call and see if you are available for a weekend or a few days - great excuse to go camping if you ask me :)

MYMK - you won't know unless you try so by all means give it a go!

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » June 29th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Is this going to be an ongoing offer?
I currently don't have a fourby :( but would love to do this sort of thing when I had a chance. I do not see the point in wasting your time applying now :)

Cheers
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

NHGeoff
Here and there

Unread post by NHGeoff » June 29th, 2010, 6:15 pm

I sent you an email but foolishly neglected to put any contact details apart from my return email of course.

If you had a contact phone number that would be fantastic as id really like to give this a red hot go!

Ryan Knight
Here and there

Position still available?

Unread post by Ryan Knight » July 22nd, 2010, 11:11 am

Hi Tracey,

I am just writing to see if the position is still available or if it has been filled? I submitted my cover letter to you on the day you posted this thread.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Knight

Tracey J

Unread post by Tracey J » July 22nd, 2010, 11:49 am

Hi Ryan,

Still working through applications, as you can imagine we got a lot!

Ryan Knight
Here and there

Unread post by Ryan Knight » July 22nd, 2010, 4:26 pm

Thanks for letting me know... I can imagine and I don't envy you right now :)...

Hopefully I hear from you soon.

Regards,

Ryan

ecoarena
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ecoarena » July 26th, 2010, 10:55 pm

:)
All sounds very exciting. Wish this was a few weeks back. My girls and I just returned from a trip to Karijini - I'm in the middle of writing this up before it all disappears - I'm also stumped as I try to identify a snake I photographed in one of the gorges - yes, I'm a herpetologist that loves to write!
Safe adventures folks.

Phil

TurboGQ4.2
Here and there

Unread post by TurboGQ4.2 » August 4th, 2010, 2:45 am

ecoarena wrote::)
All sounds very exciting. Wish this was a few weeks back. My girls and I just returned from a trip to Karijini - I'm in the middle of writing this up before it all disappears - I'm also stumped as I try to identify a snake I photographed in one of the gorges - yes, I'm a herpetologist that loves to write!
Safe adventures folks.

Phil
hey mate send me a pic or link via PM of the snake you wanna have identified,, in my line of work it is to identify reptiles, bugs, insects etc
[size=134][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=black][b][i]WYLDBOYZ 4x4[/i][/b][/color][/font][/size]

ecoarena
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ecoarena » August 5th, 2010, 1:05 am

Thanks mate, shall do, when I get my images organised.

Cheers

4thefunofit
Getting to know the place

ready to go

Unread post by 4thefunofit » August 28th, 2010, 5:07 pm

perfect , i need a job , ive got a 4wd , and love to travel , if you can pay fuel i will drive anywher and every where any day of the week , i will be bringing my fishing rod and i can cook .,:truck: lets go !!

Return to “4WD Action Positions Available”