4WD Custom Utes Feature Writer

Tracey J

4WD Custom Utes Feature Writer

Unread post by Tracey J » June 16th, 2010, 1:01 pm

An exciting opportunity exists for a 4WD ute enthusiast to become part of the team at 4WD Action.
We're looking for a dedicated and hardworking Feature Writer to join the growing team producing Australia's only magazine dedicated to 4WD utes.
The Feature Writer will accept commissioned features from the Editor, ensure a clear understanding of the 'angle' required and organise research, photo shoots and/or picture selection and confirm and meet deadlines with the Editor. You will have an eye for detail and be dedicated to ensuring quality and accuracy in all your work.
You'll have the opportunity to write stories on anything and everything to do with 4WD utes including, tips and techniques, technical and lifestyle pieces.
The Feature Writer will be passionate about 4WDs, especially utes and the lifestyle that surrounds those vehicles.
You don't need to be a trained journalist, simply a 4WD enthusiast with an in-depth technical and mechanical knowledge of 4WD off-road modifications, oh and you'll need to be able to string a few words together!
You will have strong organisational and time management skills and be passionate about writing with good spelling and grammar skills.
The position is based in Silverwater, Sydney, and although we generally keep Mon-Fri hours, some weekend work, and some travel may be involved.
Most importantly you'll have the opportunity to get out there, in a 4WD, and get paid for it!
Please send your CV and cover letter to jobs@4wdaction.com.au

RDM
Been here a while

Unread post by RDM » June 17th, 2010, 5:40 pm

"You will have an eye for detail and be dedicated to ensuring quality and accuracy in all your work."

Why are all job ads written this way? You will!!!
Why don't you ask for the skills you require and not dictate.
As for ensuring quality and accuracy, maybe have a look at some of the current mags, in the last few months the date for the next issue has been wrong, pretty important fact to get right if you ask me.

darth vader
I'm new, be nice!

Re: 4WD Custom utes

Unread post by darth vader » June 22nd, 2010, 8:03 pm

Hi Tracey,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your ad, but when out in the middle of nowhere with no reception, enloying our magnificent country in my ute, I can get sidetracked slightly. A few questions though; is the position advertised full time, and if so have you considered free-lance?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

2006 D40 Navara STX with nowhere near enough mods yet

eldo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by eldo » June 22nd, 2010, 8:10 pm

yep
Last edited by eldo on October 20th, 2010, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthewb5016
Here and there

Unread post by Matthewb5016 » June 22nd, 2010, 8:15 pm

eldo wrote:Excellent spelling there champ, good luck with the position!!
I hope you feel good about yourself mate, was it worth making a post just to criticise someone ? :thumb:

Tracey J

Unread post by Tracey J » June 23rd, 2010, 8:42 am

Hi Jeremy,

This particular job is fulltime in our Silverwater office.

If you are interested in submitting freelance travel stories send me an email at tjohns@expresspublications.com.au tell us a bit about yourself and your travels, show off your writing skills and send us a couple of photos you've taken and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Tracey

Raisins78
Been here a while

Unread post by Raisins78 » July 20th, 2010, 8:05 pm

I would kill for a shot at this job, but being In Newcastle it may be a touch far for me (my 4.2td GU ute is pretty thirsty and fuel costs more than gold these days) Being an Electrician/Fridgey i use my ute currently for work, which has limited the amount of "improvements" i can do to it, or should I say limited the size of the "improvements"
Still i enjoy it so much i am always in trouble for having a dirty work vehicle (apparently i should set an example as the supervisor, but i thought that's what i was doing? perhaps that's not the example the boss was talking about....)
Is this position available on a work at home type of arrangements, with travel to Silverwater as required for face to face stuff? I dont think i could afford a Sydney move (or can I? ..... *wink*;)
Now a proud Jeep owner. Bye Bye Nissan! its been great, but ive discovered why people say "Its a jeep thing"

philthesparky
Been here a while

Unread post by philthesparky » July 20th, 2010, 8:50 pm

This particular job is fulltime in our Silverwater office.

Does this answer your question?? I dont want to move to Sydney either so I have to just stick to doing freelance stuff.
[b][i][size=167]Electrical[/size][/i][/b]
[url=http://www.philthesparky.com.au][size=100]www.philthesparky.com.au[/size][/url]
[size=167][i][b]Photography [/b][/i]
[/size][url=http://www.offroadphotography.com.au][size=100]www.offroadphotography.com.au[/size][/url]

Raisins78
Been here a while

Unread post by Raisins78 » July 20th, 2010, 8:54 pm

I was only asking. Without questions there are no answers......
I am only an hour or so away currently, so its not that big of an ask.
Now a proud Jeep owner. Bye Bye Nissan! its been great, but ive discovered why people say "Its a jeep thing"

philthesparky
Been here a while

Unread post by philthesparky » July 20th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Sorry didnt mean to come across harsh, i should of added a smily face or something :D
[b][i][size=167]Electrical[/size][/i][/b]
[url=http://www.philthesparky.com.au][size=100]www.philthesparky.com.au[/size][/url]
[size=167][i][b]Photography [/b][/i]
[/size][url=http://www.offroadphotography.com.au][size=100]www.offroadphotography.com.au[/size][/url]

Raisins78
Been here a while

Unread post by Raisins78 » July 20th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Its not that i don't want to drive, id drive 5 hours for a job like that, but it all depends on the finer details, if the position required 8 hours a day in Silverwater, and payed 30k a year then obviously that wouldn't work for me due to finding housing in Sydney or fuel costs driving from Newcastle. I dont want to waste peoples time with interviews etc when this may not suit me or the magazine at all. Basically just probing for info he he.

darth vader
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by darth vader » September 1st, 2010, 9:38 am

Hi Tracey,
a montyh or two ago I sent an email applying for this job. Is it still available? Are you interviewing?

darth vader
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by darth vader » September 1st, 2010, 9:38 am

typo. month.

Return to “4WD Action Positions Available”