WA CUSTOM TRIP KALGOORLIE - October 2010

HerGU
Here and there

Unread post by HerGU » September 2nd, 2010, 11:03 pm

finchy,

mate not an advertisment for banticks but how is a business supposed to be more family friendly? Also do you realise that alot of the guys that build 4wds like banticks and plenty of other people in kal drive their cars. This does not mean they are "unfamily friendly".

I personally drive my car and i break stuff - does this mean that i am unfriendly?

I think you may need to be more careful with your comments in the future especially when directly naming a business.

Not a winge mate just a heads up.

NED200
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by NED200 » September 2nd, 2010, 11:52 pm

hey there

Looks like it's Team Toyota from the south west! We would love to join you guys for a trip to Kalgoorlie area for 4WDing (via holland track?) in November (or whatever date it ends up being)
We do regular 4wd trips together and with others, have necessary recovery equipment and not scared to use it

This is us...
Truck 1 - Sel n Simo (and 2 friendly dogs if welcome) - 80 series
diesel, tourer, 2" lift, UHF, winch, water tank, home made drawer system, dual battery, dual battery, roof rack, awning, swags and more
(Sel is also photographer that can help out with shoots along the trip)

Truck 2 - Al, Sue & kids (born and bred in wheat belt area) - 60 Series
turbo diesel, tourer, UHF, roof rack, tent and more

Truck 3 - Stephan (19 years of age from SA just moved to WA) - 87 hilux single cab - reliable work horse - its a hilux - it will survive or the 80 - hasn't decided yet

All trucks are well looked after and reliable.

I am having trouble attaching pictures to this post - I can email if you want?
80 series just put up on the shed http://www.4wdaction.com.au/gallery/42673-ned

Cheers
Sel and others
'96 80 Series Diesel, bar, winch, drawers, water tank, fridge, UHF, tourer
'86 Sierra dog box, fun truck, beach bitch

Finchy260
Need to get out more

Unread post by Finchy260 » September 3rd, 2010, 12:31 am

hey hergu,

i have had previous experiencing with Bantick. there shop service, leaves a lot to be desired. and some of there members! well geeze there just nuts! and i mean nuts, one trip i went on a guy rolled his vehicle on purpose! just to test his roll cage. its just something this magazine wants nothing to do with.

now i no breakages are a part of 4wding, but goldfields 4wd club, does not go out to deliberately break 4wds. goldfields are the kind go out to enjoy the bush and everything it offers and are more widely know with the farmers and much nicer people to deal with.
goldfields as a club has had bad experiences with em. now im not saying they are all bad. just well....... not the ones you want to be around. but the 4wda will make there decision. and we will have no say. but anyway im! no matter what!
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/oncedisturbed/21071285431am_a6cbf.png[/img]

patrol1978
Been here a while

cant wait

Unread post by patrol1978 » September 3rd, 2010, 3:51 am

Dave Luke wrote:Hey fellas
Looks like some good trucks here keep them coming as soon as we have six confirmed trucks we can start to lock down some dates. Graham Cahill will be our shooter and we may even be able to get the DVD crew over!

I will contact the clubs and our Perth contacts but if you are keen feel free to post some pics!

Cheers

UMMM I am totally confirmed. but I do fly in fly out so i cant actually "Confirm" until I know dates.
I will get hold of my Club and try to spark some interest

Also I know this isnt the place but how do I post pics ?

I will work it out but if someone is on and can tell me it would be cool
2014 Toyota Prado 2 inch lift ARB Winch Bar Dominator 12000lbs Winch Rhino roof rack, ARB Rear Draw set with 40l Engel, PMX Camper and a 4.2m quintrex tinny.

patrol1978
Been here a while

My 4wd

Unread post by patrol1978 » September 3rd, 2010, 4:34 am

I call my 4wd Bruce, I named it after Bruce the Great White from Finding Nemo,
I hope we can make the trip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2014 Toyota Prado 2 inch lift ARB Winch Bar Dominator 12000lbs Winch Rhino roof rack, ARB Rear Draw set with 40l Engel, PMX Camper and a 4.2m quintrex tinny.

bundy85
Been here a while

Unread post by bundy85 » September 3rd, 2010, 12:21 pm

I just updated my previous post with a Photo and some info...

I told the other half about this last night, and she is very interested as we are missing the Holland track run in September... We would be happy tagging along and catching up with folks...

The old 60 isn't exactly pretty, but serves us well.

NED200, we might have to catch up sometime...

HerGU
Here and there

Unread post by HerGU » September 3rd, 2010, 7:22 pm

Finchy260 wrote:hey hergu,

and i mean nuts, one trip i went on a guy rolled his vehicle on purpose! just to test his roll cage. its just something this magazine wants nothing to do with.
so?....thats his choice and if he decides to do this so when he does roll it at speed he knows the cage is there to protect him - is that a bad thing?

Also you speak directly for the magazine now?? - 4WDAction regulary cover all the comps around the country - so obviously their readers do want to see this!!

And again - they are shop - they dont have members. They are not a club.

I take offence to you making people out the drive there cars to the limit, its their choice, as nuts or crazy or anything else.

I do it for fun - i like it. I dont rubish you for going for a drive to look at the bush or have a picnic.

It is part of the Sport, and it is a Sport. I realise it is not everyones cup of tea but neither is V8 super cars - are they crazy, unfamily friendly people?

We have two cars - a toy and a touring car. Does this mean my personality changes depending what car we drive?

Finchy260
Need to get out more

Unread post by Finchy260 » September 3rd, 2010, 9:01 pm

HerGU wrote:so?....thats his choice and if he decides to do this so when he does roll it at speed he knows the cage is there to protect him - is that a bad thing? aarrghhh, yes considering it was a unrego vehicle, with other members of the group in the car on public property. it was a internal cage too.

Also you speak directly for the magazine now?? - 4WDAction regulary cover all the comps around the country - so obviously their readers do want to see this!!
it was not at a comp. if it was at a comp, i would be saying there nuts. no one can say they have entered serious level comps like bb do and not roll a vehicle. i dont, im just trying to help them make a decision. its there choice at the end of the day. since when was this a comp 4wda was going to see. there just lookin for some 4wda forum members to 4wd with, and some other members of the comunity.

And again - they are shop - they dont have members. They are not a club. technically they are a group not officially a club, like goldfields. they have memvers and all the rest of it like a regular club.

I take offense to you making people out the drive there cars to the limit, its their choice, as nuts or crazy or anything else. yer well i know its there choice, but they go out too deliberately break vehicles! i have seen it with my own eyes its not like it happens on accident, these guys just go out to break cars, and thats it.

I do it for fun - i like it. I dont rubish you for going for a drive to look at the bush or have a picnic. im not baggin you for having a good time am i? if want to break your car go ahead!

It is part of the Sport, and it is a Sport. I realise it is not everyones cup of tea but neither is V8 super cars - are they crazy, unfamily friendly people? completely different! bb stay up to we hours get drunk dd, and leave rubbish everywhere! and i mean everywhere!

We have two cars - a toy and a touring car. Does this mean my personality changes depending what car we drive? no it does not. its all the same driver. if you wanna carry on like a moron fine! i wont stop ya. but seriously goldfields is the official club of Kalgoorlie. speak to Larry Turner, if he dont know something it aint worth knowing.

anyway im ready for this trip can we get some dates guys!
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/oncedisturbed/21071285431am_a6cbf.png[/img]

bornepatrol
Been here a while

Unread post by bornepatrol » September 3rd, 2010, 9:20 pm

Ladies and gentlemen. I agree people are entiltled to their opinions but I do not believe that this thread is the place to carry on this discussion, It was set up to have people register an interest in something not discuss how different people have what they call fun in their 4wd's. Thats just my opinion, I have my own on that matter but I'll keep it to myself.
Cheers
bornepatrol.

HerGU
Here and there

Unread post by HerGU » September 3rd, 2010, 11:49 pm

Yes, Thankyou, You are right, not the place to have this type of disscusion. I apologise.

Lets turn this disscussion back to the trip and everyone's pride and joy.....

Finchy260
Need to get out more

Unread post by Finchy260 » September 4th, 2010, 12:10 am

yer me 2! whoopsie! anyway! im looking forward to this! and i can get more numbers from the goldfields club if need be.

davoee
Part of the furniture

Unread post by davoee » September 4th, 2010, 1:29 am

If you decide to do a touring story on the region give me a call

I know plenty of decent treks that take in the best of the woodlands, gnamma holes, grnite rocks and breakaways

as for going hard core out there - you would have to be nuts , thats life and death stuff. your more likely to come accross help in the canning or simpson than most of the tracks

blkcruiser
Been here a while

Unread post by blkcruiser » September 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Hi guys im in kal and some details below of my rig.

1998 GXL 100 series Petrol
ARB Front winch bar
Rear single carrior kaymer bar
Lockers front and rear
Snorkel
Long ranger rear tank 110 fuel, 50 water
GME 4400 with GME 4.5db antenna, Pioneer CD player and ipod player
Milford cargo barrior
35" Pro comp all terrains
OME suspension,
dual battery controllor, 1 a deep cycle
2x 40 litre engels
Lightforce 170's
Plus Much more minor stuff
9.5XP Warn Winch
Custom home made Drawers
Fuse Block in rear for aux power needs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Finchy260
Need to get out more

Unread post by Finchy260 » September 4th, 2010, 12:49 pm

thats one nice cruiser! black! i have seen it around town alot!

NOTSOPRETTY
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by NOTSOPRETTY » September 5th, 2010, 2:12 pm

Ok i'll add a Hilux to the mix.

2007 SR5 DUAL CAB

ARB DELUXE BULL BAR
SAFARI SNORKEL
MICKEY THOMPSON CLASSIC LOCKS
MICK THOMPSON MTZ
CALOFFROAD 3+2 INCH LIFT (BILSTIEN)
HID RALLYE 4000
GME TX3220
BUDS CUSTOM 5MM BASH PLATE+ENGINE PLATE.
CANVAS SEAT COVERS
AFTERMARKET STEREO
LANOTEC TREATED

Return to “The Official 4WD Action Custom Threads”