Gday All

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
NathanOMalley6264
Getting to know the place

Gday All

Unread post by NathanOMalley6264 » June 29th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Suppose I better do my intro.

joined up just recently have been 4wding since I was a kid, my daily is a 2006 Hilux but my real love is my 1945 Ford Blitz, found it on a farm in the South Australian Mallee on ANZAC day and I've been plugging away at her ever since cant wait to get it running again id love to do the run from Alice to Darwin in the old girl.

I'm on several other forums concerning Blitz trucks but with the age of the old girls you need all the help you can get to piece them back together :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Gday All

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 29th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Welcome aboard Nathan, great looking truck you've got there, brings back a lot of memories..... :sillywink: :thumb:
But while my 'Forgettory' might be working better & better every day, I'm still pretty sure that the Blitz's I remember from about 40 years back were a little bit darker 'blue' & freakin' old trucks then!! :boggle: So yours has gotta be bordering on 'ancient' by now (or is that just me?? :petrified: )

Still, tough trucks. In good repair, they'd just keep going & going, even if it did take 20 odd guys to get them outta the mud every now & then! But you shouldn't hafta worry too much about mud between the Alice & Darwin. Please post up a 'Member's Ride' thread with lotsa pics as you bring her back to roadworthy & long trip condition, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'll be checking in regularly. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

NathanOMalley6264
Getting to know the place

Re: Gday All

Unread post by NathanOMalley6264 » June 30th, 2018, 2:27 am

Don't worry mate the darker blue is still there it's just hiding under 30 years of neglect :lol: under that is red and under the red is yellow and hiding under all of that is the original Khaki no.3

She might be ancient at 73 but it's still surprising me every day, externally it looks terrible but the mechanicals are in fine working order, it's just unfortunate that the air cleaner has disappeared and no one thought to cover the carby water has been able to enter a couple cylinders and cause pitting but it's nothing a machinist can't fix however you probably can't blame them she'd been resigned to a rusty grave when I found it.

Eugh I had the nightmare of trying to turn the bugger 90 degrees in my yard and roll it in to the shed, they don't like to move on flat hard ground with a bloke pushing on it, little wonder it took 20 to extract one from mud! They are a deceptively heavy machine.

I'll get a proper project post up over the weekend, quite a bit has happened since the above photo they're so basic work on them is a breeze it's just having the time & connections to chase down the missing parts.

Return to “Introductions”