Hi all. vdj76 + 1984 single cab wellbody hilux. WA

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
Stevie mac
Getting to know the place

Hi all. vdj76 + 1984 single cab wellbody hilux. WA

Unread post by Stevie mac » May 19th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Hi All

Im Steve from Perth WA. 20 YO. absolute 4x4 lover sand driving is more my thing as i grew up on white hills road right next to ... you guessed it. WHITE HILLS BEACH near Mandurah WA.

i currently own a 1984 hilux yn65 2 litre petrol, well-body. with a tare weight of 1360kg and 31's all round i can get to the soft spots on the beach with ease and have no worries in the world.
on the not so light end of the scale i own a vdj76 2011 which is a completely different beast to drive in all categories e.g weight,size and POWER.

hilux mods : 2 inch lift , 31 inch tires , reconditioned motor, cb radio,led bar + 120l fuel tank.
vdj76r mods : 31 inch muddies ( previous owner ) , 3 inch exhaust , darkest legal tint , front auto locker.

my current focus is the vdj76r , i plan on building her up to be a over lander which i will post in the project section hopefully soon!

thanks for reading. happy to answer any questions or hear what you got to say.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Hi all. vdj76 + 1984 single cab wellbody hilux. WA

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 19th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Welcome aboard, and looking forward to seeing both vehicles in the Members Rides & Projects section. :D

While there's a whole lotta Hilux's around with just about anything and everything in the way of mods done to them with varying degrees of success, another one will always add a fresh look at what can be done (have you looked into running a Detroit Locker in the REAR diff - that'll add a whole bunch to your 4WD capability, particularly in the sand!) There's not quite so many VDJ76's, but they are growing in numbers! You wanta check out some of the 76's that have threads devoted to their builds here, including a few with some pretty swish mods that've been fully engineered and probably of more immediate interest, well proven on the tracks!! Brades wagon comes to mind, but that's just one of them, there's more! :waycool:

Anyhow, enjoy the Forum, and please do share your mods & 4WD journey with us! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Stevie mac
Getting to know the place

Re: Hi all. vdj76 + 1984 single cab wellbody hilux. WA

Unread post by Stevie mac » May 19th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Awesome I will definitely be checking out the other 76 series builds on this forum and hopefully they'll give me some good guides to follow with my 76. cant wait to post a build thread of my own.

Return to “Introductions”