Hey

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
feroza1999
I'm new, be nice!

Hey

Unread post by feroza1999 » March 4th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Hey fellow 4wd enthusiasts. im new to the website so still working out how it works :lol: but not new to the 4wd experience with being in a club since i was about 5. I'm from Tassie and currently still driving my first car, a 1995 Diahatsu Feroza. although i have done trips (mainly passenger) in many cars like 85 hilux's and 90 models patrols and a couple other ones here and there. My feroza is a fairly stock but mean looking unit. It has 29" tires, PVC pipe snorkel, steel bull bar with winch and lights, roof racks and basket with a 2.5m foxwing awning and everything else is basically stock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Hey

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 6th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Welcome to the Forum Feroza1999, nice little Fez you got there! :thumb:

Tough Dog used to do a 50mm rear lift/40mm front HD suspension for them; replacement springs/torsion bars & gas shocks all round (adj shocks on the rear) & LongRanger did a 100 litre replacement LR fuel tank for them too!! Not sure if you can still get all that lot but it's certainly worth the ask - they made our Feroza's a whole lot more fun & useable/viable off road; making the Simpson Desert quite do-able & even spending a week completely remote in the Vic High Country possible without planning around heaps of fuel stops!! There was also a lot of Toyota gear that would fit or could be modded enough to fit too, largely off similar vintage Hilux's, Lite-Ace's, & even some Dyna bits - & if you are prepared to get some custom axles & side/drive splines made up, you can even get a Detroit Locker to stuff in the rear diff, altho that did make it a bit of a handful at times (a Lightweight vehicle with a really SWB and a rear locker can be a whole lotta fun!!)

You going to start a Members Rides thread in that section, show us what you've already done as well as everything you do from here on in?? And trip reports with pics are always good value too! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Introductions”