New member from SA - keen to hear from mazda bravo/ford courier owners!

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
Lachybarnes
I'm new, be nice!

New member from SA - keen to hear from mazda bravo/ford courier owners!

Unread post by Lachybarnes » January 26th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Hey lads just throught id say gday! had my 1999 Mazda bravo TD for a few months now and done a bunch of mods on a budget, enough to get out bush and keep up with my mates in patrols ;)

When i first bought it

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/l ... rbovwm.jpg

Now

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/l ... swi0le.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: New member from SA - keen to hear from mazda bravo/ford courier owners!

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 28th, 2018, 1:38 am

Hi Lachy, welcome to the Forum... Nice looking Mazda! :thumb: For specific info, you should probably check out the Bravo/Courier threads in the model specific tech section, lotsa good info in there. ;)

I don't personally have a Mazda Bravo/Ford Courier, but if you live in the Heathfield region (or are they old pics?) then you might find some locals who can help at Summit Trax 4WD; a Club/group of locals & some from further afield who get together on the 4th Thursday of every month at about 6:30pm in the Clubrooms at Anembo Park Mt Barker (just off the Freeway on the Littlehampton side) to start with a sausage sizzle (byo snags, drink s available) & then talk & share ideas & do all things 4WD. Mainly a pretty good bunch, not there to push the Club thing any more than necessary to enjoy the benefits that can bring & basically just a group of like minded keen 4Wheelers; we've got people in (or retired like me) the business right thru the gamut of grey nomads & family mobs to younger 4Wheelers just setting up their vehicles & even a couple of serious modders, and a whole range of vehicles too!! So it's likely you'll find someone who you can relate to/have the same interests/running a similar vehicle & there are regular 4WD trips both locally & further afield - I reckon they are well worth checking out, but then I've got a vested interest, even if I don't get there as often as I would like these days! Anyhow, either rock up at the time mentioned above & say G'day, or if you want more info drop me a PM & I'll answer whatever I can, but do yourself a favour & check em out (there's other Clubs around too, as well as 'non-club' 4 wheeling groups!) Cheers! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

workhorse
Been here a while

Re: New member from SA - keen to hear from mazda bravo/ford courier owners!

Unread post by workhorse » February 2nd, 2018, 9:35 pm

Ive put over 200k on my 2000 model and have done the usual gearbox rebuild and head replacement. Its a ute set up for long distance touring and much to the dismay of my mate with his 80 series went everywhere he went whist carrying 1000kg on the back. Not the best for extreme stuff with low clearance esp with the ifs.
Ive now got my mates 80 series as well and use it for harder forestry/steep stuff e.g. high country but prefer the courier when we go outback.

Return to “Introductions”