Another Newbie

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
Luxadoor
Getting to know the place

Another Newbie

Unread post by Luxadoor » December 5th, 2017, 7:23 am

Hay guys I am glad to be here, I am new to 4x4ing and I am yet to get out there, between mechanical problems and the weather but i will eventually get there, I have a 90 model dual cab Ln106 with a Vn conversation, I call it the Beast it is big and ugly and an animal to drive lol :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Re: Another Newbie

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » December 6th, 2017, 2:08 pm

welcome to 4wd Action, the forum has been a bit quite lately bus has just started to gain momentum again, hope you enjoy it here, everyone seems to be a great bunch of guys & gals,
Brett

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » December 6th, 2017, 8:33 pm

G'day
I've owned 2 luxs a 1986 2 Lthr petrol and 1995 desiel. Both were capable of doing 130 kmph easy within the hour. So I recon a VN v6 would make a good transplant?
One question do you have power steering in the beast. ?
My mates old surf did not. It was a beast off road! Yes I'm old school
Hit the gas then turn the wheel.
But when it's no power steer it bites you back. You've got to have (or develops) forearms like "arny"
Regards

Luxadoor

Unread post by Luxadoor » December 6th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Nice to meet you cbd and yes the vn is a good transplant motor but some don't like vn's you will always get the haters, but you need to work out if it is worth it to you and depending on your mechanical skill by the time you buy the motor,conversion kit,Radiator,piping,wiring and so forth it is a healthy 5 to 6 grand for it just to give you some idea of it so it could be done cheaper or more expensive just depends on how you approach it,and yes mine does have power steering and with 33" tyres it is needed but it lacks air con what can you do lol

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » December 6th, 2017, 9:34 pm

G'day
Like I said my mates old conversion was in a surf. No power steering. Pretty tough on the arms.
What do you use the beast for.
It looks to have lots of tires perhaps a lift. Departure and arrival angles are huge.
My wife would hate the head swing.

Luxadoor

Unread post by Luxadoor » December 6th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Well I am new to 4wding but so far the idea is just mud work I am not realy interested in the beach, may be throw a roof top tent on and go camping also,and the lift is in the springs I am in the middle of working out how much by

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » December 15th, 2017, 12:37 pm

thing looks like a weapon!!

Return to “Introductions”