Hi All

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
Sned
I'm new, be nice!

Hi All

Unread post by Sned » November 28th, 2017, 7:55 am

Bit of an introduction
I'm picking up a 99 105 series landcruiser standard wagon today. It's a 2 owner vehicle with an impeccable service history. 4.2L with a DTS after market turbo, dual batteries and a set of GXL mags.
Looking to setup as a family touring wagon.
Haven't owned a 4WD in years and now with 2 kids and a partner who wants to go camping it's all systems go!

Will add more photos once it's home and start setting up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Hi All

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 28th, 2017, 9:11 am

Welcome to the Forum Sned. Looks like you've got a good start on setting up a family tourer in that 105 LandCruiser :thumb:

Once you start building it up & making it your own, please post up a Member's Ride thread, I'm sure I won't be alone in wanting to watch how you build this one! Oh, and take pics to post too - lotsa pics.... please. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Sned
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Sned » November 28th, 2017, 9:59 am

Definitely will post pics.

Intention firstly is to drive it standard for a while to get a feel for the vehicle. Will add central locking and cruise control regardless just because.

After that start with fitting it out with drawers, awning, lift etc.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 28th, 2017, 10:55 am

Good idea! :thumb:

And (just cos I can't see what tyres are currently fitted) don't forget that a good set of LT construction tyres suited to the bulk of your driving can make a real difference to your offroading (& onroad driving) even if you do nothing else in the way of mods/enhancements!! Then once you've got the tyres sorted, you should also get/fit/carry on-board air - having a good quality compressor on hand lets you drop pressures & massively increase traction off road even if you are running slicks on the rocks or muddies in the softest sand, & the compressor lets you put the pressure back up once you are thru for a safe drive home! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Sned
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Sned » November 28th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Got the big girl home today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Introductions”