new member welcome

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
cuzza_wa
Been here a while

new member welcome

Unread post by cuzza_wa » November 20th, 2017, 4:09 pm

gday,

new member to forum, figured i was spending so much time researching on here since i got a hilux ln106 was worthwhile joining.
some experience wheeling, but got the hilux to start turning it into a daily driver/ tourer / serious 4x4 (previous 4x4s were a nissan terrano and a 60 series cruiser) and wanted something i could work on myself with minimal electronics and a long list of aftermarket availability.

Grabbed the old 3L 2.8l hilux with 331000km's on the clock and a fair bit of basic neglect from previous owner(s) as well as a starting issue which allowed me to get the car pretty cheap. body was straight and minimal rust, and engine didnt appear to be cooked. Car had some new 31'' A/T's, a roobar / sidesteps, tub and canopy, roof racks, CD player and UHF radio - probably where the mods stop.

Still a bit of investigating / fixing to do, but hoping i can start a build thread soon when i start the upgrades (its a bit of a wishlist at the moment)

For now i've got it in good enough shape i can drive it to work and take it fishing.

Looking forward to reading a few build threads and trying to bring something to the table.

Cheers

Tom

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: new member welcome

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 20th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum Tom, as you've probably found out, there's lotsa good info to be found here in amongst all the tips & techniques threads, builds, & the model specific stuff, as well as some pretty great builds & ideas in the Members Rides stuff too. :thumb:

And now we can look forward to seeing new & old users posting once more now that they have access. I'll be waiting to see your build/Members Rides thread as soon as you start posting it! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » December 11th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Thanks Peter,

Yeah great spot for info and trouble-shooting! would of been lost running fixes if it had not been for this site.

Have started the build thread, hopefully it keeps growing :) budget build for me.

Cheers

Tom

100SEZ
Getting to know the place

Unread post by 100SEZ » December 11th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Gday Tom,

The Hilux are a good rig. All the best with it mate

Luxadoor
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Luxadoor » December 14th, 2017, 6:39 am