Tamworth NSW

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
danger_dave11
I'm new, be nice!

Tamworth NSW

Unread post by danger_dave11 » November 22nd, 2011, 6:19 pm

Hey guys new on 4wdaction, just picked up the first fourby me and a few mates have decided to hit the cape mid next year should be good, what do you think of the old tele?? :lol:

Cornbeef
Need to get out more

Re: Tamworth NSW

Unread post by Cornbeef » November 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

Welcome mate , what sort of 4by did ya get , has it got any mods , enjoy the site
Happy Trax Cornbeef

CUSoon
Here and there

Unread post by CUSoon » November 24th, 2011, 5:56 am

Welcome to the forum.

There's a hell of a lot of bitumen between Tamworth and the dirt tracks of the Cape. We live just down the road from you, and did the Cape last year, and know full well the time taken to get to the good bits, but having said that, once you're up there it's all worth while. The OTL isn't very long but is a brilliant drive, take your time and don't travel too far each day if you've got the time. Do lots of research on the must see places. Of all the creek crossing of the OTL, there are three creek crossings which are more difficult than the rest, being Palm Creek, Gunshot and Nolan Brook. Do a bit of searching on U-tube also, it'll give you an idea of some of those I mentioned. The timing of your trip will also make a hell of a difference on the condition of the track and the depth of the water in the crossings.

Good luck with the trip, you'll have a ball.

105 series
Here and there

Unread post by 105 series » November 25th, 2011, 8:57 pm

hi danger dave welcome to 4wd action, how is tamworth? i have had many a wild night at the impy hotel and a long cold walk to paradise van park when i was there for my apprenticeship, i wouldn't think much has changed in tammy, your trip sounds tops hope you get there and enjoy the trip.
cheers trent
"GOTTA LOVE THE SOUND OF BUSH PINSTRIPING"

Return to “Introductions”