Hello

Don't be shy, say g'day in here - tell us a little about yourself, your 4By, & what you've done/dream about doing in it, only do post us a link to your Member's Rides thread too!
Richard387
I'm new, be nice!

Hello

Unread post by Richard387 » February 12th, 2018, 9:36 am

Hi, ive owned 4x4's for years but never joined a group or club so I thought I'd give this a go.
I'm from the southern end of lake macquarie and for those of you who know the area the abandoned morisset hospital is at the end of my street, so pretty handy for 4x4ing.
I own a 1998 duel cab triton non turbo diesel it has a duel battery set up, arb bullbar and canopy, light bar and uhf and only paid $1500 for it due to high k's over 500000 but its still going strong. I also have a v8 discovery that I gave up on and am trying to sell due to rust and fuel economy.
So just wanted to say Hi

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Hello

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 12th, 2018, 10:08 am

Welcome to the Forum Richard. Sounds like the Triton is one of those tried & tested sluggers that just keeps on doing the job! The Disco, not so much!!

It looks like you've had a fair range of 4by's over the years, so you probably have a good idea of what mods you like & what works for you.... So you got any great plans for building up the Triton any more than the basic stuff it's already got? Is this going to be the one to get you out Exploring Central Aust?? Lotsa great stuff to see & do out there (not that you don't have a whole heap of interesting country & 4Wheeling a bit closer to home tho!!) Doesn't matter where you go for your 4WD Fix, I reckon it always seems a bit more enjoyable if you can do it in good company.... ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Richard387
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Hello

Unread post by Richard387 » February 12th, 2018, 10:41 am

Hi, peter.
Yea its a pretty good rig and just keeps on going, the only other things that I have planned for it is 2" lift, snorkle, side steps and roof rack. As for the tourer im going to keep the triton as a local truck as its my daily driver too.
For my outback tourer im hoping to get a 4×4 duelcab canter as its still a duelcab but with double the cabin and tray space

Return to “Introductions”