desinging a canopy let me see your rigs or ideas

Got a ute-specific tech question? Ask it here
jono12234
Here and there

desinging a canopy let me see your rigs or ideas

Unread post by jono12234 » January 13th, 2015, 8:16 pm

gday guys i am wanting to desing a canopy for my ute to help give me more room for my fridge and kitchen ect ect...but it has to fit a tyre and jerry can on the back standing up

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Re: desinging a canopy let me see your rigs or ideas

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » January 14th, 2015, 7:30 am

Hi johno,

Mate start with google and go from there.. It will depend if your fabbing it up yourself?
I'm doing mine myself out of 25rhs1.2 mm box with alloy sheet inserts... Have a crack buddy and good luck
Not to have a crack is un-australian... I fluke ***** daily!!!

Colly Kid
Here and there

Unread post by Colly Kid » January 16th, 2015, 12:34 pm

G'day Jono,
This is my setup, I had it custom made by MW Toolboxes $5k has 3 doors, roof racks, full floor, jack off system :lol: and made from 3mm checker plate.
My camper setup.jpg
I see you have an extra cab so your increased length would allow tyre and jerry fitting behind a dual cab size canopy.
Also the jack off system allows you to get out in the rough stuff without worrying about your departure angle.
I tried to keep all the weight forward, I have 85l poly tank and 2 x 120A bats right against the headboard then 2 x 40l Engels, its amazing what you can fit in when you put a lot of thought into it, mine also has a kitchen with slide out 3 burner stove on passenger side with space for 4 x 50l tubs and 2 camp chairs on driver side also store legs and another 50l container behind rear door plus can fit 2 x fold up tables in roof space.
Camper kitchen close up.jpg
Canopy rear storage.jpg
elecs on head board.jpg
This is why I kept my weight forward...
bent ute.jpg
I kept my first spare in original position and carry 2nd on roof racks above cab when heading bush.
Theres so many variations out there, just google. I had a blast designing and building mine.
Hope this helps, Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2012 RG Colorado Crew Cab, auto, alloy tray, OEM snorkel & tow bar, Dobinsons bullbar, Tigerz11 Grande 12000lb winch, GME TX3540, Yokohama Geolander AT/S 265/70 R16 on CSA Ranger 16x8 steelies, 2" Dobinson suspension lift, Poly Airbags, custom jack-off canopy, Austrack RT Tent & roll-out awning, OL side & scrub bars

jono12234
Here and there

Unread post by jono12234 » January 18th, 2015, 2:45 pm

looks absolutly tops mate great job got some good ideas from that cheers

Return to “Ute-Specific Tech”