How do you Secure your fridge so it doesn't get stolen?

Got a ute-specific tech question? Ask it here
ERASER
Need to get out more

Re: How do you Secure your fridge so it doesn't get stolen?

Unread post by ERASER » July 13th, 2012, 8:31 pm

nope, cause i find i dont need to have it locked while im driving or if im at camp. It only gets locked when im leaving it in a car park, at tuff truck or out the front of a pub while grabbing a counter meal on a trip.
my lux is only good for driving through puddles and i dont know anything.........
My Hilux

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » September 9th, 2012, 6:22 am

I made my own slide. I thought about it for a couple of weeks. I used the 4 bolt holes under the fride and bolted it to the slide but it doesn't slide out no where near far enough to undo all 4 bolts. Then you can't take the slides off because the heads are recessed behind the slide when open and closed. You can't unbolt the whole unit from the tray because I used 40x40 box tube cut in half as feet, so you can't get a average spanner in there. I had to grind back a old one to fit. Even then it's a two man job to undo that. But before you get anywhere you have to get through my pad lock, it's one of those ones you can't get a grinder in.

But I still don't leave my ute out. It's always garaged.

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » September 9th, 2012, 6:25 am

ERASER wrote:I bent a 50mm by 5mm metal strap around the fridge. I cut two slots into the bottom of the fridge slide so the strap pokes through. Put a padlock on both ends of the strap and its locked. I also welded a few links of chain to the slide so the front lock also hooks through the chain to stop the fridge from being able to be slide out. Then i mounted the slide on the tray and welded the ends of all the bolts. It aint coming off. It lives on the back of the lux now.

This is a great idea Eraser.

Wozza244
Been here a while

Unread post by Wozza244 » September 28th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I had an Evakool FM70 on the back of my old single cab cruiser it was bolted down to the tray with two bolts to the tray and one that went inside the under body mounted tool box so it was a fair old headache for someone to get to them all without being noticed.
That fridge lived on that ute for 2 solid years.
On other utes I've owned previously also. It's survived 2 rollovers and around 4 full years in all sorts of weather uncovered.
I rate it!

Return to “Ute-Specific Tech”