Ute Liners

Got a ute-specific tech question? Ask it here
gregcolorado
I'm new, be nice!

Ute Liners

Unread post by gregcolorado » June 30th, 2011, 9:04 am

I am looking at getting a dual cab ute either a Colorado or a Triton (depending which one i can get at the right price at the time) and just to know what is the preference between moulded plastic and spray on ute liners and can they be put on after a canopy has been fitted.

Thanks Greg

prawns
Been here a while

Re: Ute Liners

Unread post by prawns » June 30th, 2011, 9:28 am

A couple of mates had their hilux utes done in that rhino liner spray stuff - great end result, seems pretty strong stuff. The part of the ute your canopy sits on, also gets sprayed though...... (saved mates surfboards from damaging the traytop when loading them in is how I remember the top edges of your ute also get sprayed) So your canopy may have to be removed else you wont get that part sprayed I guess
Eagles may fly, but Prawns dont get sucked into jet engines!!

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » July 1st, 2011, 6:01 pm

There is a great DIY ute liner article in the latest 4wd custom utes mag ( no. 14) you might like to check out :)

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » July 1st, 2011, 9:40 pm

The quote on my Triton had to include removing and replacing the canopy. It was about $800.
In my opinion these are a much better option than plastic tub liners.
My reasons are that there is no chance of water/moisture building up under the liner and ending up in rust, and a spray in liner is less wasteful of space in my opinion. A liner seems to take up more space for no real extra gain in protection.

Just my 2cents worth.

Bonk
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Bonk » July 5th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I rather liked the plastic liners I had in my Hilux.

Aero brand were preferred, as their tie-down hooks were superior (at the time).

I was transporting a lot of new equipment (cardboard boxes) so it was very easy to slide things around on the plastic liner. A tackier spray-on liner would have made life hard for me.

DEN77R
Here and there

Unread post by DEN77R » July 6th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Quoted $770 for a rhino liner in a dmax duel cab, offer choice of over lip, flush with lip or under lip, so check with your supplier if you have a canopy, should be able to accomadate you needs. My local dealer is johnsons apholstery in mill pond rd in campbelltown. :)
You paid how much for it?
Mr Ranger, Why is that gate lock on my park? and why can't i take my dog?

gregcolorado
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by gregcolorado » July 6th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Well i have just brought a 08 Triton with a speedliner spray on liner already so it has solved my problem.

I think i just need change my user name!!

pavadrin
Been here a while

Unread post by pavadrin » July 6th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Appologies if it seems that I am intruding into someone else's post, however it seemed fitting that I continued this topic.

Is there a difference between Speedliner and Rhino Liners, other than manufactures? Will they be as good as each other, or is one better than the other. I am in metro WA and have so far not found a Rhino dealer that I can get a comparative price between the two.

calibrated
Avid Poster

Unread post by calibrated » July 7th, 2011, 8:36 am

pavadrin wrote:Appologies if it seems that I am intruding into someone else's post, however it seemed fitting that I continued this topic.

Is there a difference between Speedliner and Rhino Liners, other than manufactures? Will they be as good as each other, or is one better than the other. I am in metro WA and have so far not found a Rhino dealer that I can get a comparative price between the two.
Try Xtreme Coatings. They have a branch in Perth.

They did my Amarok, very happy with their liner and their work.

http://www.xtremecoatings.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VW Amarok Trendline
http://www.ausamarok.com.au - Amarok Club Australia
http://www.wolf4x4.com.au - 4WD Accessories

blacky208
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by blacky208 » July 7th, 2011, 8:44 pm

If your in Perth try Malaga auto body worx should cost you $700 for a over the top lip speedliner great job. Can get it colour matched as close as possible if you want or just Black. I'll send you pics if you PM me

DEN77R
Here and there

Unread post by DEN77R » July 25th, 2011, 1:47 pm

really don't get it, call me a simpleton but how can the price of something vary so much, my old man up in hervey bay was Quoted $1500 for the same rhino liner i was quoted $770 for in sydney.
You paid how much for it?
Mr Ranger, Why is that gate lock on my park? and why can't i take my dog?

oncedisturbed
Part of the furniture

Unread post by oncedisturbed » July 26th, 2011, 3:13 pm

http://www.outbackutes.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

have a look here? may help

jimbo1967
Here and there

Unread post by jimbo1967 » September 12th, 2011, 8:11 am

I got xtreme coatings done to my ranger tub. They have a branch at Geebung in Brissy.
It was $770 but I paid an extra $110 and got the outside tub rope rails done as well.
The $770 was with GST as I wanted a receipt.
I'm quite happy with the result. Only comes in black though...damn that hot pink would have looked great.

hosh
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by hosh » December 21st, 2013, 9:02 am

blacky208 wrote:If your in Perth try Malaga auto body worx should cost you $700 for a over the top lip speedliner great job. Can get it colour matched as close as possible if you want or just Black. I'll send you pics if you PM me
+1 regarding Auto Body Worx Malaga. I got my new bt50 extracab done this week. Sam's great to deal with and I have to say the masking job was spot on. Very straight and accurate. They took all the fittings out and replaced them after the spray.

Thing I liked about the Speedliner was the choice of colors. I got a nice deep iridescent blue which matched the Gun Metal blue of the car perfectly.

The guys had plenty of time to answer any questions. Highly recommend them.

kiteman83
Getting to know the place

Unread post by kiteman83 » March 2nd, 2014, 9:49 am

I will be applying HERCULINER paint on tub liner to my new 2014 dual cab ute and it only costs $200 , and you do it yourself

Return to “Ute-Specific Tech”