View topic - Bendethra (Deua NP) camp ground from Moyrua

Bendethra (Deua NP) camp ground from Moyrua

Planning a trip and need some advice? Here's your place
Here and there

Bendethra (Deua NP) camp ground from Moyrua

Hi
does any one know if a new (ish) Surabu will get to the Bendethra camp area (in the big valley around the old homestead) from the coast side (Moyrua).

Parents want to join us for a week or two's camping.:thumb:

Thanks

Unread postby Adricat » December 17th, 2009, 9:41 am

Need to get out more

There are two ways in from that side. You'll need a mpa to find the trails. You won't want to do the Merricumbeen FT with the Sub but in the dry you'll be OK the other way. Most people come form the other side which there are some step bits and again if wet would be a struggle for the Sub but in the dry, slow and careful you should be OK. I haven't been for a year or so, so lets see what some others say.
NM Paj - 2.5 Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Front ARB Locker

Unread postby steveandviv » December 17th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Admin

Lots of new 'anti-erosion' humps on the tracks around that way, so I wouldn't encourage anyone with a 'low clearance' vehicle to try it unless they were prepared to be dragged over a few humps that might mean a few bent sill panels. And as Steve says, while it should be OK in the dry, it doesn't take much rain for those tracks to get awful greasy - and it always rains/snows at least once in the mountains down this way between Christmas and New Years.

You might be better off keeping out of Bendethra Valley and camping up near Big Hole, Snowball, or Tuross Falls etc - that way you won't get stuck if it does get wet, and you can still do day drives out and about, knowing that if it gets too hard you can turn around reasonably easily.

Enjoy
An Ex-Service person is someone who, at some stage in their life, thought enough about their country, how great it is, and how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for an amount of 'Up to and including my Life!'

Unread postby Peter Aawen » December 21st, 2009, 11:54 am

Here and there

Thanks, not for me, my rig will be fine.

We are camping with extended family for a few days and my parents want to come in for a day trip or two in their subi from Moyrua.

Unread postby Adricat » December 22nd, 2009, 8:23 am

Return to Trip Planning