Public access track or no?

Planning a trip and need some advice? Here's your place
Pezza20
I'm new, be nice!

Public access track or no?

Unread post by Pezza20 » January 3rd, 2019, 11:47 am

33°39'41.4"S 115°00'44.5"E
This track, does anyone know if this is publicly accessible? A little info about the track and area...
If you have a look on google earth you will see the track on the left. All these tracks used to be a short track down to the Aquarium - a small local beach. The area is the Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park. There are a couple tracks around the area with the National park sign at the start of the track. There is also a private driveway with the same sign at the entrance which is confusing :rolleyes: . The rest of the tracks surrounding this particular track have been blocked off and now get used for overflow parking. If you follow the track about a km in you get to private property signs but the track is so open to use and is well used how can I tell if I'm allowed there? :confused:
Thanks for your help.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Public access track or no?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 3rd, 2019, 5:37 pm

Welcome to the Forum Pezza. :thumb: You could check with your local Road Service mob like the RAC WA or whatever it is over there, or you could even ask the local council or State Roads mob if it is a Public Access Road. There should also be maps available for sale from whoever does Land Management for the State Govt, but the risk with those is that they are always being updated & what you paid for 6 months ago or even just 1 month ago could well be out of date already. So, in the strict interpretation of legal access, you probably should assume that track isn't open to the public until you can find some evidence otherwise. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Trip Planning”