Big Red Bash 2017 Whats the road like?

Planning a trip and need some advice? Here's your place
Roadwarrior
Avid Poster

Big Red Bash 2017 Whats the road like?

Unread post by Roadwarrior » December 5th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Thinking of heading out to the bash next year. The young bloke has volunteered as a worker and gets free entry so the misses an me thought we would fork out the fee and head out too.
Planning on leaving Brisbane and going via Warwick, Goondawindi, St George Cunnamulla, Thargaminda across to Innaminka and up to Birdsville.
I believe its bitumen to Innaminka but whats it like these days along the Birdsville Track? Havnt been that way since 09'.

buffer
Avid Poster

Re: Big Red Bash 2017 Whats the road like?

Unread post by buffer » December 7th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Was out that way in Jun - Jul this year, the road in to Innaminka is bitumen all but about 30 km close to Innaminka itself, the road from Innaminka through Cordillo down is not a bad track and in reasonable condition, however this can change with rain. If it rains the road will be closed and cut of at all creek crossings. Have not traveled the Birdsvillle track or inner Birdsville track, but hoping to do that soon. I have heard from other travelers they can be very corrugated and have patches of deep bulldust.
All i can suggest is plan the trip have a great time and drive to road conditions but check with Birdsville roadhouse webpage and google outback road conditions before leaving.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

Return to “Trip Planning”