Is Fuel available at Yowah?

Planning a trip and need some advice? Here's your place
Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Is Fuel available at Yowah?

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » February 21st, 2016, 3:38 pm

This is a long shot.. Has anyone been to or passed through Yowah recently??
Last time we went there, fuel was available, but I have been told that fuel is now only available to customers that camp/are customers of the local caravan park.
Reason being that the last place we will fuel up before there is Cunnamulla, and then driving to Yowah area and driving around while fossicking will be around 200Km. Then we plan to semi off road up through the Sheep Station Creek area, coming out at Toompine (no fuel), and on to Quilpie as the next fuel stop which will be around another 300km. Dragging the camper over rough tracks is going to mean lots of fuel use, and only having a 65litre tank means carrying jerry cans which take up much needed room. Whereas if we can fuel up at Yowah, the one jerry can that is mounted on the camper plus one in the back of the Hilux should give us a safety margin.. Working on 20lt/100Km with most of the trip between Yowah to Toompine in 4wd with a fair bit of low range crawling.
Puff

matey atey
Been here a while

Re: Is Fuel available at Yowah?

Unread post by matey atey » March 24th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Last time we went through Yowah they wouldn't sell fuel to my mate. We had to take the back road to Thargo and fill up there.
Can't you get fuel at Eulo again now?

Steve

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Re: Is Fuel available at Yowah?

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » March 24th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Apparently you can get fuel at the Eulo store, but it's only bout 40k from Cunnamulla. We want/need to go in the oppersite direction, north from Yowah, so going to Thargominda is counter productive, meaning we would use half the fuel getting back to our start point which is at s27 39.34343413,e144 35.198948 turning off the back road from Yowah to Toompine.. Seems like we may need to buy some cheap jerry cans and be willing to dump them in the tip at Yowah. I suppose carrying them for 180k from Cunnamulla is not unsurmountatable even if we have to strap them on the draw bar. Being diesel, I'm thinking plastic cans..
Puff

Return to “Trip Planning”