The Kingsford Smith Mail Run - what are the tracks like?

Planning a trip and need some advice? Here's your place
evaredy
Been here a while

The Kingsford Smith Mail Run - what are the tracks like?

Unread post by evaredy » July 30th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Hello all,

We have finally decided on a 14 day holiday, we will be leaving from Perth on the 10/8 and travelling to Quobba Station, stopping off at Murchison Station, and a couple of overnighters along the way.

On the way back I was thinking of following the Kingsford Smith Mail Run. But I am uncertain of how remote it is and what the roads are like.

We have a Dmax 4x4 and will be towing a camper trailer.

I would appreciate any current info anyone has, also any good free camping spots and things to see along the route.

sparra
Here and there

Re: The Kingsford Smith Mail Run - what are the tracks like?

Unread post by sparra » August 3rd, 2015, 12:15 am

Yeah mate,it is usually a good run through that way,better check and see how much rain they have had out there.Couple of camp spots along the way,Bilung pool,and a bit further south at the wooramel river crossing,turn left on a track at the top of the hill on the south bank,it ends after 2 or 3 kays on a cliff top overlooking the river. Further south on the Mullewa rd there is a camp spot at the Hooley stock route well just off the road.
The main road from Gascoyne junction through to Mullewa is a good standard wide gravel road,but as I say it could change if they have a heap of rain.
Cheers,
Sparra

evaredy
Been here a while

Re: The Kingsford Smith Mail Run - what are the tracks like?

Unread post by evaredy » August 3rd, 2015, 7:24 pm

Thanks, I am hoping there hasn't been too much rain up that way.

Return to “Trip Planning”