Quick and Easy Weekend Camper Trailer Trips for the Mags?

Planning a trip and need some advice? Here's your place
Red October
4WD Action Staff

Quick and Easy Weekend Camper Trailer Trips for the Mags?

Unread post by Red October » October 24th, 2011, 10:19 am

Hi guys,

We’re researching quick and easy weekend trips away with the camper trailer and are looking for enthusiastic readers to get involved with Camper Trailer Touring magazine.

With summer fast approaching, we’re chasing reader’s feedback for great scenic locations where you can take your camper trailer and enjoy a weekend of relaxation whilst being light on the hip pocket.

We understand that busy lifestyles and family requirements can limit how far you can venture from your home which is why we’re looking for locations within 3 hours from each capital city that can easily be done on a weekend.

We’re looking for readers located in the following locations who are willing to share a great scenic camping spot that’s quick and easy to get to:

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Canberra
Darwin
Hobart

We want to know where you go, why you go there and what and how you made it a quick and easy weekend trip. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with Camper Trailer Touring magazine and have your say.

Please send your feedback through to James at jcrowhurst@expresspublications.com.au and remember to include your name and a contact phone number.

Thanks,
James

WoodyD40
Here and there

Re: Weekend Camper Trailer Trips

Unread post by WoodyD40 » October 24th, 2011, 11:47 am

What a great idea James ...

I'm heading off this melbourne cup longweekend with the family and our camper trailer - i'll write up a report and send in after the weekend. (with plenty of piccys you can choose from)

Cheers, David.
Navara D40 RX 2009
Ironman Winch Bar, Step Tow Bar, 2" Lift kit,
Canopy, Rear facing LED work lights
XXX HID's (wide on front) XXX HID's (spots on rack), UHF

Red October
4WD Action Staff

Re: Weekend Camper Trailer Trips

Unread post by Red October » October 26th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Hi guys,

We're still looking for readers to provide feedback about cracking scenic weekend locations where you can take your camper trailer and enjoy a weekend of relaxation whilst being light on the hip pocket.

If you've been out and about in your camper recently, then we want to hear from you!

Cheers,
James

chris220220
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Quick and Easy Weekend Trips

Unread post by chris220220 » November 3rd, 2011, 9:10 am

Headed up the northern grampians over the extra long cup weekend. Will write it up and send some pics soon. Have not had time to download pics from the camera yet. We checked out 3 camp sites all are around the 2:30 to 3:30hr mark from Melbourne.

gq4.2gas
Here and there

Unread post by gq4.2gas » January 5th, 2012, 11:15 pm

just got back from stradbroke island..... its a good place to take the wife and kids and its has all the things you need eg. shops, beach driving, proper bitchman roads, restaurants, and close to brisbane...... you could camp or you could get a unit but highly reccomend camping because it feels like your in the middle of no where but your only 20 minutes from the city. awesome low cost weekend tipping in at about $350 for 3 days and 3 people....... it would probably be something to consider

chris220220
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by chris220220 » January 18th, 2012, 1:45 pm

We are heading to camp at Major Creek near Nagambie. Great little spot on the river and a short trip to the local wineries. Best thing is it's only just over an hour from Melbourne's Northern suburbs. Not sure your still wanting write ups on these spots. Happy to do one if needed.

Tojo19
Been here a while

Unread post by Tojo19 » January 18th, 2012, 7:54 pm

hey,
Bundaberg probably 3 - 4 hour drive and just of the bruce at childers is woodgate beach, there is camping around Kinkuna area accessible by woodgate, goodwood rd just north of woodgate turn off and again at coonar. I here it is limited to 100 but is very peaceful and relaxing. great place to get away from the rat race.

Cheers
Trav
Travis

Reddahaydn
Been here a while

Re: Quick and Easy Weekend Camper Trailer Trips for the Mags

Unread post by Reddahaydn » November 2nd, 2012, 6:59 am

I know a great spot less than 2 hours from melb in wombat state forest, not one of the main sites either. only problem is I don't have a camper trailer. If you can organise a trailer for me to borrow/test for a weekend I'll happily get you a story/photos and I could even write a review on the camper as well
HDJ80
few extra bits and pieces

WrightS.
Getting to know the place

Unread post by WrightS. » November 8th, 2012, 1:39 pm

In Adelaide hills there are great parks, forest, and even trails which you can choose from. My favorite is the kidman trail.

emjan
Been here a while

Unread post by emjan » November 10th, 2012, 7:34 am

http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/Vict ... mping-area#

I know this posting was over a year ago but a great idea. We don't have a camper trailer until Feb 13 as it's being made up at the mo, so are using our 6x4 with all our camping gear. We're heading off on our next trip to do some prospecting around ararat/maryborough, Vic....complete with our travel hounds 1st weekend Dec '12
Born again 4WD-er. 08 Navara D40 spain

Navara DX

Unread post by Navara DX » November 12th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Hi, could someone at 4WD Action please post a definitive email address for contributions to the 4WD Action group of magazines. In fact it would be good if we could have an email address for each publication so we can target the producers of each magazine.

I emailed an article for consideration to the emg address for Camper Trailer Camping some time back and never received a confirmation of receipt or comment. There have been two posts by staff to seeking articles, basically one generic address that appropriate staff can access and acknowledge receipt would be good. That way if there is a change of staff then the chain isn’t broken and things can continue on regardless.

Thanks look forward to a post by staff via the thread or PM.
Cheers

emjan
Been here a while

Unread post by emjan » November 14th, 2012, 7:19 am

That's unfortunately the way with almost every publication. The only time you hear anything is when they contact you to say it's in print, or else if you actually see it in print. They probably don't have the staff to reply to every submission, if they want to get their day to day stuff done. I'd imagine they'd work pretty flat out putting together so many publications in a year, I think we should cut them some slack it's a damn fine magazine. Hopefully they'll accept your submission....but there are no guarantees unfortunately
Born again 4WD-er. 08 Navara D40 spain

Navara DX

Unread post by Navara DX » November 14th, 2012, 11:23 am

Thanks emjan, yes I would agree with what you are saying, it is just there appears to be a number of ways to get articles to them, I am asking for two things, one, 1 email address that we know will be the correct address to submit an article, not three and two, a simple thanks to acknowledge receipt. I fully understand that they have a high workload to produce so many publications to comment on each article they receive just some acknowledgement would be great.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 14th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Hey Nav, check your PM's.

For the info of everyone/anyone tho, if you want a direct/quick response from EMG/A4WDA, then the Forum is probably the least effective way of doing that! The day to day running of the Forum is basically left with the Mod/Admin team, and we are all volunteers with not a great deal more access than you direct to EMG/4WDA. The Staff blokes generally don't get a heap of time to spend in here unless they are doing something specific (like this thread) and even then it could be a while between checking each and every thread out. So if you want to get on to them quickly &/or directly, then you are far better off either sending an email to them via the Contact Us link down the bottom of each page in the website, or via the addresses shown in the front of each of the magazines. There are even phone numbers and contact details there too. ;)

I have sent a message to the staff blokes drawing this to their attention, but just like any other PM, that relies on someone logging in and having the time to read thru all the messages waiting for them - & try as they might, that doesn't necessarily happen every day. :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Navara DX

Unread post by Navara DX » November 14th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Peter @ Aawen4x4 wrote:Hey Nav, check your PM's.

For the info of everyone/anyone tho, if you want a direct/quick response from EMG/A4WDA, then the Forum is probably the least effective way of doing that! The day to day running of the Forum is basically left with the Mod/Admin team, and we are all volunteers with not a great deal more access than you direct to EMG/4WDA. The Staff blokes generally don't get a heap of time to spend in here unless they are doing something specific (like this thread) and even then it could be a while between checking each and every thread out. So if you want to get on to them quickly &/or directly, then you are far better off either sending an email to them via the Contact Us link down the bottom of each page in the website, or via the addresses shown in the front of each of the magazines. There are even phone numbers and contact details there too. ;)

I have sent a message to the staff blokes drawing this to their attention, but just like any other PM, that relies on someone logging in and having the time to read thru all the messages waiting for them - & try as they might, that doesn't necessarily happen every day. :(
Thanks Peter, please check your PMs

Return to “Trip Planning”