The official 2010 Tough Dog Tuff Truck Chit Chat Thread!

Check in with the teams here - buildups, news, questions and answers!
glm69gq
Part of the furniture

Unread post by glm69gq » February 8th, 2010, 10:46 pm

All of it is unreal, but to go their for me without a media pass would just be so disapionting to me so again ill just buy the dvd & keep dreaming of being adle to photograph this amazing event

leaky
Here and there

Unread post by leaky » February 9th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Fav Moment.

2008, Gonads and the FT on the Rock garden, final obstacle. Did a coilover mount and tie rod, already busted a CV, giving it plenty at full noise for about 2 or 3 minutes until the FT caught alight.

Also about 4 other vehicles on that same obstacle absolutely killing all the panel work on the right side of their truck.

(s)AINT
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by (s)AINT » February 11th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Hey guys!

Roothy's roll was by far the best thing ever. Jumped out and smashed a tinny down. What a legend. Probly wouldnt happen these days though.:truck:

......I have camped up Mount Panorama three years in a row. On the rough as guts hill. Throughout the years I saw some awesome burnouts, V8's, cars on fire, drunks running around with flaming toilet rolls and crackers going off everywhere...

Now they have put police on top of the hill in a pig pen right next to the bullring and i tell you what. It spoilt alot of the fun! You camp on the mountain and should understand its going to be a rough place and if you dont like it dont camp there! Dont come up and spoil the thrills for everyone else.

Now im not saying acting like a dickhead is a good thing but thats why there is a FAMILY camping area and the HILL....

I am actually a female of the age of 20 and i know that when i go there i am going to get 'taunted'. I know and accept that because thats where i want to be. Amounst the smell of burning rubber. I have NEVER complained about it because if i had a massive problem with it i would not go there.

I would hate to see tuff truck turn out like this as I have not been to Bathurst the past two years because the police took everything away. I even saw someone get arrested for pissing on a tree... He wasnt being rude or anything but they got him. C'mon its the hill for a reason. I miss the good old days of before the police took a stop to everything.

Keep this ferrels on ferrel hill and let them be at their own risk.:drink:
Keep the family area for family.:waycool:

This is my opinion and it may not be urs but i am speaking from a few years of experience and this is my point of view.

The REAL WICKED
Getting to know the place

Unread post by The REAL WICKED » February 12th, 2010, 12:53 pm

(s)AINT wrote:Hey guys!

Roothy's roll was by far the best thing ever. Jumped out and smashed a tinny down. What a legend. Probly wouldnt happen these days though.:truck:

......I have camped up Mount Panorama three years in a row. On the rough as guts hill. Throughout the years I saw some awesome burnouts, V8's, cars on fire, drunks running around with flaming toilet rolls and crackers going off everywhere...

Now they have put police on top of the hill in a pig pen right next to the bullring and i tell you what. It spoilt alot of the fun! You camp on the mountain and should understand its going to be a rough place and if you dont like it dont camp there! Dont come up and spoil the thrills for everyone else.

Now im not saying acting like a dickhead is a good thing but thats why there is a FAMILY camping area and the HILL....

I am actually a female of the age of 20 and i know that when i go there i am going to get 'taunted'. I know and accept that because thats where i want to be. Amounst the smell of burning rubber. I have NEVER complained about it because if i had a massive problem with it i would not go there.

I would hate to see tuff truck turn out like this as I have not been to Bathurst the past two years because the police took everything away. I even saw someone get arrested for pissing on a tree... He wasnt being rude or anything but they got him. C'mon its the hill for a reason. I miss the good old days of before the police took a stop to everything.

Keep this ferrels on ferrel hill and let them be at their own risk.:drink:
Keep the family area for family.:waycool:

This is my opinion and it may not be urs but i am speaking from a few years of experience and this is my point of view.
So bush fires are fun?
Being crushed by a HUGE Tyre 6 clowns rolled down a hill is fun?
Watching 2 pissed "Ferral's" Bash each other beside the tracks, because one bumped the other a spilled a few drops is just part of the Family event is it?

I'll stay away from your "FUN" thanks

They are called "Ferral's" for a reason.

P.s. I'm 23
~Hate is the New Love~

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » February 12th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Have to agree with wicked here, your idea of fun and mine are quite different. Putting everyones safety at risk, so you can be a tool is not needed. While you might enjoy being taunted and treated like crap, my wife, and I am sure plenty of other females don't.

One of the best memories I have from Tuff Truck was the campsite Brooksy is referring to above, where a group of about 30 were trying to stay out of the rain under a tarp no where near large enough with a river flowing through the middle of it, all drunk. Guess what we didnt need to destroy the place to have fun, and I am sure those that were there still have fond memories of it. All without taunting others, destroying property or acting like a degenerate ;)
2014 FJ with a few mods

Bundy
Need to get out more

Unread post by Bundy » February 12th, 2010, 3:20 pm

I have been to Bathurst for many years(this last year was my 20th and I am only 28) and although I do miss a bit of the feral of the hill, it was out of control and the police presence has improved it by a long way and got rid of most the people who are not there for the event itself. I didn’t go to TT last year but I have been 3 times before and although I enjoy a drink or 10 I believe that the changes that have been made to the event will only improve it as a whole and also get rid of those who aren’t there for the event itself.
[align=center][b][font=Arial Black][size=100][color=#000080]TOY - 79 BJ40 in 1000 bits[/color][/size][/font][/b][/align]
[align=center][b][font=Arial Black][size=100][color=#000080]TOW/TOURER - 03 V8 100S WITH GOOD BITS TOO[/color][/size][/fo

leaky
Here and there

Unread post by leaky » February 14th, 2010, 7:48 am

(s)AINT wrote: I have not been to Bathurst the past two years because the police took everything away.
Looks like the Cops did their job well then.. Hopefully they have the same effect at TT.

PLEASE dont come to TT this year sAINT...

Sim79
Need to get out more

Unread post by Sim79 » February 14th, 2010, 8:02 am

leaky wrote:Looks like the Cops did their job well then.. Hopefully they have the same effect at TT.
X2 :D I have read on other forums certain members wouldn't turn up this year due to the Police presence :D
[url]http://www.blueribbonbrowbands.com.au/[/url]

Creepy Crawlers, Lockrite, 4.3s, Trail Ready BL, PTO, High pinion rear, Heaps of Superior gear.

brooksy

Unread post by brooksy » February 15th, 2010, 8:49 am

Not to mention the idiots who explode gas bottles. Be nice sitting at your camp & a gas bottle come falling from the sky killing someone ?????
Or having your gear stolen in the competitors area like tools as you are too rushed keeping your truck going.

brooksy
C44F - Custom 4x4 Fabrications
0400 443 802

Texas
Been here a while

Unread post by Texas » February 16th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Alcohol restrictions etc are now up at tufftruck.com.au

(s)AINT
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by (s)AINT » February 17th, 2010, 8:05 pm

As i said guys it was my opinion. Everyone has different experiences and see's different things. This isnt a place to argue its about the event and how its changed probably for the good.

boklux
Been here a while

Unread post by boklux » March 15th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Getting out of Sydney for the weekend and watching big expensive trucks break s#!t for my enjoyment is entertainment enough!! Seeing the look on my young fellas face when he gets to sit in the trucks is great value as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shortylocked
I'm new, be nice!

tickets

Unread post by shortylocked » March 16th, 2010, 7:06 pm

I got 4 weekend camping tickets $95 as per tuff truck price , had people cancel if interested call me 0414836569

Sim79
Need to get out more

Unread post by Sim79 » March 19th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Anyone going please take some pics and post them up. Have fun lucky buggers.
[url]http://www.blueribbonbrowbands.com.au/[/url]

Creepy Crawlers, Lockrite, 4.3s, Trail Ready BL, PTO, High pinion rear, Heaps of Superior gear.

brooksy

Unread post by brooksy » March 21st, 2010, 7:18 pm

Word on the street is that Team Pirate 1st, Team Extreme 2nd, Team Gympie Offroad 3rd.

Well done guys & congratulations !!

brooksy
C44F - Custom 4x4 Fabrications
0400 443 802

Return to “Tough Dog Tuff Truck”