The official 2010 Tough Dog Tuff Truck Chit Chat Thread!

Check in with the teams here - buildups, news, questions and answers!
tufflux88
Been here a while

Unread post by tufflux88 » December 17th, 2009, 10:50 pm

exactly.some people will definitly be missing out because of cost.
if you want to avoid all the drama and idiots just camp in the family area.
i camped in the ferals this year and thought all the idiots were just a laugh.i didnt agree with what they were doing but running through the mudrats revenge section naked did liven the event up when eveyone just kept getting bogged lol

dudelux
Part of the furniture

Unread post by dudelux » December 18th, 2009, 8:39 am

is there actually another driving stage??
arent they dumping the mudrun and making a new stage?? that would mean no extra stages, just replacing a stage.
yeah im also a bit upset about the entry cost doubling for weekend camping.
i can see the need for extra security as i was there this year, ive been to the last 3 TTCs, this years saturday night mudrun was definately out of control, but what do you expect when everything that attempted to go through the course got stuck in the same spot. it was very annoying to see until the yellow rangie did something different by winching rocks into the mud.
im not condoning the idiots that attend, i just think that mud is a part of 4wdriving, and the course needs to be built to handle all tyre sizes.
prices for weekend camping this year were about 50bucks, id pay this again, i dont know about 100 though, im not made of money
i might just spend my 100 on fuel to get to the hilux meet instead.
its a shame that i probably wont be attending, as i had a blast the last couple of years
i can guarantee im not the only one that might not make it due to the massive increase in entry, its sad.
1986 Hilux dual cab, 2.4d, 2inch BL, 35inch muddys, custom and modified stuff.

Soon to be turboed, recabbed, regeared, ruf, ifs rears, histeer, twin locked.

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 18th, 2009, 9:43 am

dudelux wrote:is there actually another driving stage??
arent they dumping the mudrun and making a new stage?? that would mean no extra stages, just replacing a stage.
i can see the need for extra security as i was there this year, ive been to the last 3 TTCs, this years saturday night mudrun was definately out of control, but what do you expect when everything that attempted to go through the course got stuck in the same spot. it was very annoying to see until the yellow rangie did something different by winching rocks into the mud.
im not condoning the idiots that attend, i just think that mud is a part of 4wdriving, and the course needs to be built to handle all tyre sizes.
prices for weekend camping this year were about 50bucks, id pay this again, i dont know about 100 though, im not made of money
its a shame that i probably wont be attending, as i had a blast the last couple of years
i can guarantee im not the only one that might not make it due to the massive increase in entry, its sad.

So instead of paying $100 to go to Tuff Truck and camp for the weekend and see some of the best trucks in Oz, you are going to pay the extra fuel and $70 for two nights camping instead. So you cant afford the extra $30?

I personally dont see a 3 day event with 2 nights camping for $100 as overpriced. If you break it into 3 days its no more expensive than a 4wd park/day.

Each to their own but if anything its probably been too cheap in past years not overpriced this year ;)
2014 FJ with a few mods

dudelux
Part of the furniture

Unread post by dudelux » December 18th, 2009, 8:23 pm

considering i paid 50 for willowglen weekend, 50 for last years toperi weekend, 50 for last years willowglen weekend, 50 for tufftruck weekend the last 3 years, 50 for woodpecker, yeah id say a price rise that big will make a big difference to me, possibly alot others too.
i agree that the trucks there are among the most purpose built in the country, the tracks are some of the most insane wheeling tracks ive ever had the privelege of viewing, the driving is a real spectacle.
but for that sort of money, youd want alot more than a very basic camping area, with little to bugger all facilities, unless your prepared to fork out extra for a shower in a dirty trailer.
im all for camping in its most basic form but to pay over 100 bucks to do it is a bit much, even with the tuff rigs there.
even entry fees are just ridiculous, 1100 to enter your own truck in a comp, thats after spending unknown amounts if time and money building the thing.
i enjoyed my time at tufftruck and id like to continue to attend, but, its almost unaffordable now.
its not just the expense of a weekend camping pass, you have to buy food for the weekend, drinks, beer, fuel, plus have enough left to buy the kids a teeshirt or hat.
i think last year, i spent just over 100 on my whole tufftruck weekend, thats fuel to and from sydney, food, drinks, beer, and tees for my little ones.
1986 Hilux dual cab, 2.4d, 2inch BL, 35inch muddys, custom and modified stuff.

Soon to be turboed, recabbed, regeared, ruf, ifs rears, histeer, twin locked.

grimbo
Need to get out more

Unread post by grimbo » December 18th, 2009, 9:13 pm

I reckon you'll have more coming due to the changes than those who wont go. If we weren't expecting our 2nd child around then I'd be going.
Myself plus a bunch of others from Victoria stopped going because of the idiots. With these changes we would go as would many others.

Interest rates are less than what they were this time last year so can't see how that is relevant. To budget an extra $50 surely can be done quite easily and why do you need to buy hats and tshirts and food. take your own food and don't buy the stuff and you'll save money then.

Anyway the organisers have done this and this is what is happening, no point complaining about it now. The proof will be in the pudding so bring on the event and lets hope its a good one
[color="Orange"]smart has the plans

stupid has the stories[/color]

grimbo
Need to get out more

Unread post by grimbo » December 18th, 2009, 9:14 pm

relive some of the best memories and moments from previous events. We want to see your own favourite photos of previous events!
Lets bring it back on topic. Anyone care to share their top moments
[color="Orange"]smart has the plans

stupid has the stories[/color]

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 18th, 2009, 10:04 pm

dudelux wrote:considering i paid 50 for willowglen weekend, 50 for last years toperi weekend, 50 for last years willowglen weekend, 50 for tufftruck weekend the last 3 years, 50 for woodpecker, yeah id say a price rise that big will make a big difference to me, possibly alot others too.
i agree that the trucks there are among the most purpose built in the country, the tracks are some of the most insane wheeling tracks ive ever had the privelege of viewing, the driving is a real spectacle.
but for that sort of money, youd want alot more than a very basic camping area, with little to bugger all facilities, unless your prepared to fork out extra for a shower in a dirty trailer.
im all for camping in its most basic form but to pay over 100 bucks to do it is a bit much, even with the tuff rigs there.
even entry fees are just ridiculous, 1100 to enter your own truck in a comp, thats after spending unknown amounts if time and money building the thing.
i enjoyed my time at tufftruck and id like to continue to attend, but, its almost unaffordable now.
its not just the expense of a weekend camping pass, you have to buy food for the weekend, drinks, beer, fuel, plus have enough left to buy the kids a teeshirt or hat.
i think last year, i spent just over 100 on my whole tufftruck weekend, thats fuel to and from sydney, food, drinks, beer, and tees for my little ones.

So your saying $70 for a weekend at Rover is better value? As for cost considering that Cliffhanger and OBC are around $2500 to enter the price isnt imo ridiculous ;)

IMo its a moot point us Qlders spend over that just to get there, possibly the problem is that you guys south of the border expect more for a lot less than we do. But to say and extra $50 was going to stop me attending I think not, hell if it was that much of an issue I would take a carton less ;)
2014 FJ with a few mods

Rick
Been here a while

Unread post by Rick » December 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm

dudelux wrote:is there actually another driving stage??
Yes, there will be another driving stage, and yes, the mud will be on again - and it will be awesome!
So lets see... $100 to go to Tuff Truck, or $100 on fuel to go to a Hilux meet? I dont see the logic?
Rick O'Brien
Editor
Extreme 4WD

I live in constant fear of the Hamburgler.

tufflux88
Been here a while

Unread post by tufflux88 » December 20th, 2009, 9:40 pm

boof wrote:So your saying $70 for a weekend at Rover is better value? As for cost considering that Cliffhanger and OBC are around $2500 to enter the price isnt imo ridiculous ;)

IMo its a moot point us Qlders spend over that just to get there, possibly the problem is that you guys south of the border expect more for a lot less than we do. But to say and extra $50 was going to stop me attending I think not, hell if it was that much of an issue I would take a carton less ;)

boof yo0uve got too much money brother lol

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 21st, 2009, 2:26 pm

Not at all mate but your logic is flawed, your saying an extra 50 isnt worth it for you so your going to spend the $100 on fuel to get to Rover and then another $70 to get in. SO all things being equal in the way of food, beers etc your spending more to go to Rover Park. If money truly was the issue why would you spend more?
2014 FJ with a few mods

DGR01
Avid Poster

Unread post by DGR01 » December 22nd, 2009, 10:02 am

sorry, off topic but could an admin contact me as I can't post or pm any more (in general area's)
[url]http://WWW.TEAMDGR.COM[/url]
[url]http://www.superiorengineering.com.au[/url]
[url]http://www.locktup4x4.com.au/[/url]

DGR01
Avid Poster

Unread post by DGR01 » December 22nd, 2009, 10:39 am

can't wait!! :drink:
[url]http://WWW.TEAMDGR.COM[/url]
[url]http://www.superiorengineering.com.au[/url]
[url]http://www.locktup4x4.com.au/[/url]

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » December 22nd, 2009, 8:23 pm

I just heard an interesting theory. All the extra money being spent on security (hence upping the entry cost) to make the event safer.

Is it being spent on crowd/yobbo related stuff or is it to protect all the comptrucks? Some things went missing off comp trucks and from their garages/tents last year

Cheers
Nick
2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

V860
Been here a while

Unread post by V860 » December 22nd, 2009, 11:51 pm

I'll chip in a bit. I think that the amount is ok for adults but the amounts for the kids seem a bit high. In fact I would encourage families to attend by making kids entries free but still charge for showers and or food. I Imagine if more policing is needed it isn't because of those in age under 16. I'm not young single and full of dosh. I like taking my little kids to events like these to have a bit of fun but if you have several kids under 10 at these prices it does make a big difference to the family man's budget for an event. I'm already thinking if I want to go I will have to find someone to tend the kids or the Mrs and kids don't go, and I don't think that is what the organiser's intended.
2009 JK Unlimited "Genii"
1984 HJ60[color=black] "Tinker Bell"
[/color]

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 23rd, 2009, 6:05 am

DGR01 wrote:sorry, off topic but could an admin contact me as I can't post or pm any more (in general area's)

Greg when they have given you access to the TT area something has been done incorrectly, we cant PM you either. Unfortunately one of the mag staff need to do it. There has been info posted for them so now we just need to wait :(
V860 wrote:I'll chip in a bit. I think that the amount is ok for adults but the amounts for the kids seem a bit high. In fact I would encourage families to attend by making kids entries free but still charge for showers and or food. I Imagine if more policing is needed it isn't because of those in age under 16. I'm not young single and full of dosh. I like taking my little kids to events like these to have a bit of fun but if you have several kids under 10 at these prices it does make a big difference to the family man's budget for an event. I'm already thinking if I want to go I will have to find someone to tend the kids or the Mrs and kids don't go, and I don't think that is what the organiser's intended.

Hey mate kids 11 and under are free :thumb:
2014 FJ with a few mods

Return to “Tough Dog Tuff Truck”